Starfinder Playlist

FGU TCP port instead of 1802 UDP port

Hi All,

Since the servers are quite crowded at peak hours, I'm trying to set up port forwarding for our group for improved playability and decreased strain on FG servers.
    Opening up ports in the mac firewall requires you to use the terminal, which I am a bit reluctant to use, cause of the potential harm it could do to my mac, for instance when using sudo commands.

Because there are some TCP ports that mac firewall already allows, which I'm also able to open up in my router.
    Could I try to port forward using TCP port instead of the recommended 1802 UDP port?

I have also tried to fiddle with this app, https://coretunnel.app, to set up port forwarding to 1802 with no luck yet.

Thanks for your feedback!

Blog Entries
    https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201642

OS X: About the application firewall
    OS X includes an application firewall you can use to control connections made to your computer from other computers on your network.

OS X v10.5.1 and later include an application firewall you can use to control connections on a per-application basis (rather than a per-port basis). This makes it easier to gain the benefits of firewall protection, and helps prevent undesirable apps from taking control of network ports open for legitimate apps.

Configuring the application firewall in OS X v10.6 and later
    Use these steps to enable the application firewall:

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
    Click Security or Security & Privacy.
    Click the Firewall tab.
    Unlock the pane by clicking the lock in the lower-left corner and enter the administrator username and password.
    Click "Turn On Firewall" or "Start" to enable the firewall.
    Click Advanced to customise the firewall configuration.

Configuring the Application Firewall in Mac OS X v10.5
    Make sure you have updated to Mac OS X v10.5.1 or later. Then, use these steps to enable the application firewall:

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
    Click Security.
    Click the Firewall tab.
    Choose what mode you would like the firewall to use.

Advanced settings

Block all incoming connections
    Selecting the option to "Block all incoming connections" prevents all sharing services, such as File Sharing and Screen Sharing, from receiving incoming connections. The system services that are still allowed to receive incoming connections are:
    configd, which implements DHCP and other network configuration services
    mDNSResponder, which implements Bonjour
    racoon, which implements IPSec
    To use sharing services, make sure "Block all incoming connections" is deselected.

Allowing specific applications
    To allow a specific app to receive incoming connections, add it using Firewall Options:

Open System Preferences.
    Click the Security or Security & Privacy icon.
    Select the Firewall tab.
    Click the lock icon in the preference pane, then enter an administrator name and password.
    Click the Firewall Options button
    Click the Add Application (+) button.
    Select the app you want to allow incoming connection privileges for.
    Click Add.
    Click OK.
    You can also remove any apps listed here that you no longer want to allow by clicking the Remove App (-) button.

Hi damned,
    I have FGU added in my firewall, and have the port in my router set to open.
    But when I check my port status 1802 is closed, do I need to have a game running in local or cloud to see if the port is open?

Thanks for your detailed explanation!

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 16.14.43.png

Maybe, its working when I run a lan game in FGU, and scan for udp port using
    https://www.ipvoid.com/udp-port-scan/

-it says open filtered

-but when I close FGU it says closed

Blog Entries
    You have allowed incoming connections to... FGU. If FGU is not running there is nothing to accept your incoming connections and so the port check will correctly report the port is not open.
    Ports are not listening by default. An application needs to be listening on the port for it to be open.

Ok makes sense, will try to test it tonight or next week, Thanks for all the info !

Got it to work just now, manny thanks Damned !

Most likely your router donīt allow open ports. Check there instead of your pc.
    there should be a setting to allow open ports to your pc/mac via Universal Plug & Play (UPnP). Maybe it is disabled?
    and my router even has a setting for Internet/Shares, where i can open certain ports for Internet-conections on one pc/mac
    Last edited by Morquendel; June 26th, 2022 at 23:50.

Thread Information