FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last
    I'm using quite a few extensions which you enhanced. Thanks for the lovely art.
    Last edited by Milmoor; May 2nd, 2021 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Drowbe View Post
    I have been "theming" a bunch of extensions for fun, and adapted this one with some custom images and fonts. Sharing here in case anyone wants to use them.

Attachment 46267

Attachment 46268

If anyone has other ideas, I am happy to try them out. I'd love to adapt some of the other chat icons (like "cast")...
    I tried it today. The icons are awesome, but the chat is lacking unity. Too many font sizes, it's colours different every time, multiple margins used. I'm not sure what's the cause. It could even be that this was the case before, and this was my first good look at it. It certainly doesn't follow less is more at the moment .

OUCH! Kidding... yeah, the fonts are not ready for prime time. Clearly not optimized yet... not done much with chat beyond aligning the font with the icon color. It looks like my little pony threw up on the chat window when you roll them each one after another. I want to test it out in the real world to see what to do with it. My thought is that the chat would mostly be one color until you did an attack... then the color would have meaning. BUT... right now nothing is nailed down. I will check the font size... I didn't mess with it.

For color... what scheme would make sense? All attacks one color (hit or miss) and then crit/fumble is another? That was my original plan...

Also... anyone know the hooks for the other chat icons? (like cast, dammage, etc.)

OUCH! Kidding... yeah, the fonts are not ready for prime time. Clearly not optimized yet... not done much with chat beyond aligning the font with the icon color. It looks like my little pony threw up on the chat window when you roll them each one after another. I want to test it out in the real world to see what to do with it. My thought is that the chat would mostly be one color until you did an attack... then the color would have meaning. BUT... right now nothing is nailed down. I will check the font size... I didn't mess with it.

For color... what scheme would make sense? All attacks one color (hit or miss) and then crit/fumble is another? That was my original plan...

Also... anyone know the hooks for the other chat icons? (like cast, dammage, etc.)
    The icons used for all of those are defined in the graphics_icons.xml file. they map the name to the specific image files used.
    Code:
    	<!-- Rolls -->
    	<icon name="roll_cast" file="graphics/icons/roll_cast.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_attack" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_attack_miss" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack_miss.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_attack_hit" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack_hit.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_attack_crit" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack_crit.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_damage" file="graphics/icons/roll_damage.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_heal" file="graphics/icons/roll_heal.png" />

<!-- Character list -->
    	<icon name="charlist_inspiration" file="graphics/icons/charlist_inspiration.png" />

<!-- Powers -->
    	<icon name="usepower" file="graphics/icons/usepower.png" />
    	<icon name="spell_cast" file="graphics/icons/spell_cast.png" />
    	<icon name="spell_damage" file="graphics/icons/spell_damage.png" />
    	<icon name="spell_heal" file="graphics/icons/spell_heal.png" />
    	<icon name="spell_effect" file="graphics/icons/spell_effect.png" />
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Shall we make it a race? Will you overhaul the chat layout before or after mattekure has redesigned the soundboard?

Kidding aside: both thanks for your contributions to FG. Considering your question: I think the icons already help a lot, but for those visually challenged, coloring in matching lines is a good thing. It would be nice if that was optional. That said, things would be more restful for the eyes if only the exceptions were lighted out.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    The icons used for all of those are defined in the graphics_icons.xml file. they map the name to the specific image files used.
    Code:
    	<!-- Rolls -->
    	<icon name="roll_cast" file="graphics/icons/roll_cast.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_attack" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_attack_miss" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack_miss.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_attack_hit" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack_hit.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_attack_crit" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack_crit.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_damage" file="graphics/icons/roll_damage.png" />
    	<icon name="roll_heal" file="graphics/icons/roll_heal.png" />

<!-- Character list -->
    	<icon name="charlist_inspiration" file="graphics/icons/charlist_inspiration.png" />

<!-- Powers -->
    	<icon name="usepower" file="graphics/icons/usepower.png" />
    	<icon name="spell_cast" file="graphics/icons/spell_cast.png" />
    	<icon name="spell_damage" file="graphics/icons/spell_damage.png" />
    	<icon name="spell_heal" file="graphics/icons/spell_heal.png" />
    	<icon name="spell_effect" file="graphics/icons/spell_effect.png" />
    Well whatdoyaknow‽ I know what I'll be doing the next week.

--Thomas

Is it possible (sure it is :-) ) to put also grafics for Saving throws (SUCCESS and FAILURE) into this extension? Thank's a lot.

If I stumble upon a way yo do it I will be happy to do so.

I created placeholder images and then added code to the XML file (the stuff below "testing")... no joy. I didn't see anything change. I looked at the lua file and it seems to be specific to fonts... with the exception of a "fumble" check that sets the icons.

From the looks of it you can't override these images in the same way... unless the theme I am using is overriding them after I try to re-map them. I'll keep snooping, but I fear this will require I do som text sniffing and then create overrides like in the fumble code. If anyone has better ideas (or the code), let me know. These day I am mostly an image jockey (and sometimes an "idea" guy).

<script name="ActionsManagerAttackRollFonts" file="scripts/manager_actions_attack_roll_fonts.lua" />

<!-- ICONS -->
    <icon name="roll_attack_crit" file="roll_attack_crit.png" />
    <icon name="roll_attack_hit" file="roll_attack_hit.png" />
    <icon name="roll_attack_miss" file="roll_attack_miss.png" />
    <icon name="roll_attack" file="roll_attack.png" />
    <icon name="roll_attack_fumble" file="roll_attack_fumble.png" />

<!-- TESTING -->

<icon name="roll_cast" file="roll_cast.png" />
    <icon name="roll_heal" file="roll_heal.png" />
    <icon name="roll_damage" file="roll_damage.png" />

<icon name="usepower" file="usepower.png" />
    <icon name="spell_cast" file="spell_cast.png" />
    <icon name="spell_damage" file="spell_damage.png" />
    <icon name="spell_heal" file="spell_heal.png" />
    <icon name="spell_effect" file="spell_effect.png" />

<icon name="charlist_inspiration" file="charlist_inspiration.png" />

I created placeholder images and then added code to the XML file (the stuff below "testing")... no joy. I didn't see anything change. I looked at the lua file and it seems to be specific to fonts... with the exception of a "fumble" check that sets the icons.

From the looks of it you can't override these images in the same way... unless the theme I am using is overriding them after I try to re-map them. I'll keep snooping, but I fear this will require I do som text sniffing and then create overrides like in the fumble code. If anyone has better ideas (or the code), let me know. These day I am mostly an image jockey (and sometimes an "idea" guy).

<script name="ActionsManagerAttackRollFonts" file="scripts/manager_actions_attack_roll_fonts.lua" />

<!-- ICONS -->
    <icon name="roll_attack_crit" file="roll_attack_crit.png" />
    <icon name="roll_attack_hit" file="roll_attack_hit.png" />
    <icon name="roll_attack_miss" file="roll_attack_miss.png" />
    <icon name="roll_attack" file="roll_attack.png" />
    <icon name="roll_attack_fumble" file="roll_attack_fumble.png" />

<!-- TESTING -->

<icon name="roll_cast" file="roll_cast.png" />
    <icon name="roll_heal" file="roll_heal.png" />
    <icon name="roll_damage" file="roll_damage.png" />

<icon name="usepower" file="usepower.png" />
    <icon name="spell_cast" file="spell_cast.png" />