DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

Chat Window - Attack Rolls - Big Icons, Fonts, and Color - Great for TV use

This extension allows you to have different icons and fonts and font colors for attack info in the chat window. This is especially nice if you play on a TV and need bigger and more colorful info.

To change the icons, simply replace the existing icons with those of your choosing. (The names have to stay exactly the same.)

Also, if you look in the "extension.xml" file, you will see how you can easily change the size and color of the fonts to your desire.

This should work with Rulesets that already include the attack roll icon functionality but I have only tested it with 4E & 5E.

(Note: three of the icons included in the extension were purchased by me. (The other is from FG itself.) If I understand the license correctly, I am allowed to include them in my own product. However, those rights do not allow the removal and use of the icons outside the product. So free feel to replace the icons, but please do not use them elsewhere.)

Thanks to kevininrussia for the idea and help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valeros; November 17th, 2020 at 15:55.

Valeros, you are on fire! Just tested your new extension. Works great! Easy to change the text colors too. This extension is perfect for us as most play on big screen TV's.

Thank you!

Hot dang thats great. I'm away from my computer. Would you know if it would conflict with the BigFonts.ext.

Thank you for this!! I love that it is now obvious!! Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    This extension allows you to have different icons and fonts and font colors for attack info in the chat window. This is especially nice if you play on a TV and need bigger and more colorful info.

This is intentionally loaded as a ".zip" instead of a ".ext" because I expect you to change it to suit your needs. Unzip and put the folder in your extensions directory.

To change the icons, simply replace the existing icons with those of your choosing. (The names have to stay exactly the same.)

Also, if you look in the "extension.xml" file, you will see how you can easily change the size and color of the fonts to your desire.

Attachment 33779

This should work with Rulesets that already include the attack roll icon functionality but I have only tested it with 4E & 5E.

(Note: three of the icons included in the extension were purchased by me. (The other is from FG itself.) If I understand the license correctly, I am allowed to include them in my own product. However, those rights do not allow the removal and use of the icons outside the product. So free feel to replace the icons, but please do not use them elsewhere.)

Thanks to kevininrussia for the idea and help.
    valeros, Thank you!

Is it possible to change that for Casting, Caster Level Checks and Saving-throws? Success, Failure, Aromatic Success, Automatic Failure?

If you don't have time to do it, mind if I research it?

Is there any guides for naming the variables that the extension will recognize?

Thanks
    Last edited by dellanx; June 23rd, 2020 at 04:15.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Is it possible to change that for Casting, Caster Level Checks and Saving-throws? Success, Failure, Aromatic Success, Automatic Failure?

If you don't have time to do it, mind if I research it?
    I do not know off the top of my head about changing the other rolls. And please feel free to change it however you see fit and post as your own, just please do not use those same icons as they are not free. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by valeros View Post
    I do not know off the top of my head about changing the other rolls. And please feel free to change it however you see fit and post as your own, just please do not use those same icons as they are not free. Thanks
    valeros, no plans to use the Icons, thanks!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

valeros,

Here is the extension for save font rolls, it seems to work in PFRPG, not sure about other rulesets.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...429#post521429

Thank You!

As an oldtimer, using a (2) 55" tv screens @ 8-9 feet away, I approve of this extension!

However, when I run my test campaign, I am getting the following ruleset warning:Ruleset Warning: Font (): Windows replaced specified font face (Tahoma SDF) with (Arial)
    Ruleset Warning: Font (): Windows replaced specified font face (Tahoma SDF) with (Arial)
    Ruleset Warning: Font (): Windows replaced specified font face (Tahoma SDF) with (Arial)

I can only assume this is because I do not have the Tahoma font file in there somewhere. Can anyone confirm that this would be the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsDen13 View Post
    As an oldtimer, using a (2) 55" tv screens @ 8-9 feet away, I approve of this extension!

However, when I run my test campaign, I am getting the following ruleset warning:Ruleset Warning: Font (): Windows replaced specified font face (Tahoma SDF) with (Arial)

I can only assume this is because I do not have the Tahoma font file in there somewhere. Can anyone confirm that this would be the issue?
    I checked on dellanx extension. The extension is missing graphics/fonts/Arial.ttf. I think the folder structure and font needs to be added to the extension.

Also if you are running both extensions they are probably conflicting with each other.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; June 26th, 2020 at 00:22.

Thread Information