DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last
    Thank you for the fast response. I love the 4th edition of Warhammer RPG and I am planning a more or less frequent Warhammer Campaign somewhere in summer or autumn this year, so I am absolutely not in a hurry. I just became curious about your extension and wanted to check if it's the right thing for me. I appreciate your hard work on this extension which I really like and wish you great success with it and that it will fit your purpose. I stay tuned on this thread and looking forward to read about the upcoming changes and updates.

For everyone who's interested, I have not left this project.
    I've been playing a campaign with friends to test out the extension, and fix the problems we discover. We are getting to the end in a couple of weeks. I hope.

The next update is going to be a much bigger one. After discovering that this exists: https://www.rulesetwizard.com/ I decided to recreate everything in a stand alone ruleset using this software.

And if anyone wants to create their own ruleset I recommend using the rulesetwizard. It has streamlined the process sooo much. So thanks to the creator for that. He has his own thread here on the FG forums, if you want to check it out: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ghlight=wizard

I have nothing to do with the wizard. I just bought it, tested it, and loved it. Fair warning though, it really does help to have a basic understanding of how FG uses XML and Lua for advanced stuff, but you can get pretty far with just the tutorial videos.

Anyway, the next update will be it's own ruleset. Here is a list of things I have to do:

- Skill list basic and advanced/grouped - DONE
    - Add more of the flavor from the character sheet (motivations/ambitions, disease, backgrounds etc.).
    - Fix the attack roll so it is in line with the rules (particuarly the CRIT/FUMBLE and miss rules).
    - Have the damaged calculated correctly based on the weapon group (e.g str. bonus). - DONE
    - Improve the simple armor frame and rules.
    - Add the "advanced" armor frame and rules.
    - Have a dynamic list for Magic and for Prayers.
    - Make a drag and drop list for prepared magic, prayers and talents (so the GM can add everything in beforehand, and the player can just drag and drop the relevant info in their character sheet).
    - Add CT features (very simple, just so it's easy to keep track of e.g. initative, defence, advantages, wounds)
    - Create a basic NPC frame adjusted to the WH 4th edt rules.
    - Languages
    - Inventory and money

I am going to post a ruleset before I've finished all of the things listed here, but I need to at least finish the magic/prayers/talents and simple armor frame.

Those are good news! Thanks!

You should submit it to Cubicle7 when it is ready maybe they’ll let you do an official version. That is what was done with the official Foundry version. The guy had created a version for his group and then approached Cubicle 7.

The ruleset is one thing. The main thing to negotiate was all the content. For those that want to play the published adventures you need them converted to the platform. Foundry and D20 have that content already.
    I cannot judge the business case for official WFRP 4 modules on FG. How many hours does a proficient module converter need for one adventure? How big is the market?

I can’t say for Roll20, but for Foundry there is only one guy that built the rulesets and converted the content. I don’t know about the demand for an FG version, but Cubicle7 ran out of keys for WFRP and had to wait to get more from Foundry, so there was a demand.

I have the Foundry version as it is the only way to play WFRP 4e and it is very well done, but it is not FG. We play 5e now in FG and will play Savage Worlds in the future. While both of those are available on Foundry they can’t compare to FG’s versions. One of the players in my group has offered to GM WFRP, but is having a hard time with Foundry as he is use to FG.

The conversion process takes time and if I had to guess would say it might take something like 40 hours to convert an adventure.

Approach them with a product and they'll be pretty open with their license as long as you upkeep it and keep it relatively polished. C7 is very into expanding into VTTs. On a features level Foundry doesn't yet match FG and is very unpolished in comparison. They however lead the way when it comes to available rulesets. I'd be willing to buy it on FG despite owning everything on foundry XD.

The first version of the ruleset is ready.
    This is a stand alone ruleset, and does not need anything else. That means that anything you've done in my previous edt. (which was an extension) must be

It should be fully playable where all skills and weaponroll functions as it supposed to.

WRFP 4th edt.pak

Further, I've managed to add Magic/Prayers/Talents in their own lists, which can be populated by the GM before play.
    That means drag and drop for these elements!

There are more things to come, but I figured having a working ruleset out there, so people can find the bugs and mistakes is an advantage for me at this point.
    Several fields are not in use as of yet, but are still there as this is a WIP.

Happy gaming!

- Skill list basic and advanced/grouped - DONE
    - Add more of the flavor from the character sheet (motivations/ambitions, disease, backgrounds etc.).
    - Fix the attack roll so it is in line with the rules (particuarly the CRIT/FUMBLE and miss rules). DONE
    - Have the damaged calculated correctly based on the weapon group (e.g str. bonus). - DONE
    - Improve the simple armor frame and rules. DONE
    - Add the "advanced" armor frame and rules.
    - Have a dynamic list for Magic and for Prayers. DONE
    - Make a drag and drop list for prepared magic, prayers and talents (so the GM can add everything in beforehand, and the player can just drag and drop the relevant info in their character sheet). DONE
    - Add CT features (very simple, just so it's easy to keep track of e.g. initative, defence, advantages, wounds)
    - Create a basic NPC frame adjusted to the WH 4th edt rules.
    - Languages
    - Inventory and money

Thanks for that mate, really appreciate your work

Hi Shaky Luigi

I just tried to unpack your .pk file and I got all the folders and files, and I loaded it directly into FGU but I didnt see WFRP 4th in the Game Systems list.

Shouldnt there be a .ext file to be copied into the extensions folder?

Again thanks for your time and dedication to get this off the ground!

Thread Information