FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

CT Problems with initiative cards

Hi folks,

my players have problems with the combat tracker in FGU. All PCs are shown as "on hold" (walking man with arrow icon) though they didn't chose "on hold", and can't see their own or other PCs action cards. The cards of the NPCs are visible as normal. Dealing new cards won't solve the problem.

Examples:

CT-Broken-02.PNG
    CT-Broken-01.PNG

This is really annoying, especially in situations when a leader wants to deal action cards to his troopers. The problem occured this week with SWD and SWADE. The week before, everthing was normal.

I have tried different settings in the options menu, but this wouldn't solve the problem.

Can anybody help me with this problem please?

Thanks and regards
    N.

@Nightpaw,

Can you zip up your campaign folder, upload to a file sharing site (like DropBox or Google Drive), and provide me the link via PM?

Thanks,
    JPG

Also, I asked Ikael (the SavageWorlds ruleset developer) to see if he could recreate, and he was not able to either. So, any specifics instructions or scenarios along with campaign would be helpful.

Regards,
    JPG

I've got this too, where the little walking man shows up on the player view, though I can see the actual Action card in the DM view. If I click the Show/Hide Cards icon at the bottom of the CT in the player view, then it opens the long rectangle box showing me that player's card, but the on-hold walking man is still showing under the Card column.FG screenshot.jpgFG screenshot.jpg

Yeah, I have that too. My players found the cards, but only after going into the show/hide cards on the CT.

I have sent you the requested zip file.

Edit: Seems it got even worse with the last update:

CT-Broken-03.PNG

Edit 2: The Problem does not occur when I prepare the combat encounter before players log in. If I clear the combat tracker and setup a new combat while players are logged in, the problem will occur.

Edit 3: I have tested the issue with SWADE (basic game, no extensions/modules loaded), SWD (Pirates of the Spanish Main module) and SWD (Necropolis 2350 module) without any further extensions. No difference. The bug appears in any of the 3 games. Running windows 10 latest edition.
    Last edited by Nightpaw; April 21st, 2020 at 11:32.

I still have this problem with every version of savage worlds (SWADE and Deluxe), with or without extensions. Everytime I start a new combat. All of the players just see the "on hold"-symbol and don't see any cards in the combat tracker, neither npcs nor other pcs nor their own. This is becoming really annoying.

Probably unnecessary, but I'll add that I am seeing this as well. One of my players disconnected and reconnected and it seemed to show properly until the next time I dealt action cards.

I updated to the most recent patch and my players still are unable to see their cards on the left hand side of the combat tracker in FGU.

I signed in today specifically to ask about this because I’ve been seeing it since at least early April as well. I didn’t have the issue in FG Classic with SWADE in the past. I unfortunately can’t speak of Unity pre-April 2020 because I was mostly playing D&D or just building campaigns alone.

Thread Information