FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thank you for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I buy the ruleset once the book arrive and I am ready to start a Traveller game.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Thank you for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I buy the ruleset once the book arrive and I am ready to start a Traveller game.
    Oh, I guess I should have mentioned the core rulebook is also contained in the ruleset. It is only available in FG but it is there. For some reason I thought you already had the book.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Oh, I guess I should have mentioned the core rulebook is also contained in the ruleset. It is only available in FG but it is there. For some reason I thought you already had the book.
    I have the Core Rulebook, but I plan to purchase the other from the core set I.e. to get the whole collection. Getting the campaigns & adventures is no go as the price is super steep, no idea why MOngoose are keeping such high prices when the print quality and size is not much different than Modiphius.

By the way - is there setting book for Traveller 2e? I know that Third Imperium is the setting but where I can get setting information that I can use for my own games? All 2e books seems part of it, there is no dedicated book for the setting itself.

You have two that are focused on the setting: Behind the Claw (Spinward Marches) and The Great Rift. Also I think Pirates of Drinax is a very good source for the Trojan Reach.

So there is no setting book, just campaigns with setting material. I don’t like such model. Is there in the old editions books that provide overall setting info? Or I misunderstood something?

The two books I told you are not campaigns but setting material.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    So there is no setting book, just campaigns with setting material. I don’t like such model. Is there in the old editions books that provide overall setting info? Or I misunderstood something?
    Behind the Claw is the setting book for the Domain of Deneb which includes 4 sectors of the 3rd Imperium. It covers the system stats for a vast number of systems and also provides some detail on regions and specific worlds. This region of space has been the predominant setting for most of Traveller from classic to now. It is an area that is at the border of the Imperium, two other vast space powers and a number of smaller others.

The Great Rift is a setting/campaign book that covers an area that few people go into. It is a massive area where stars are very far apart and ships need to be specially rigged to get from system to system. It is a pretty cool area and rimward of the Domain of Deneb. It also includes a number of additional ships.

There are a number of older books that cover the settings but they are mostly smaller regions. For instance there is a supplement in MGT1 that covers the Spinward Marches, which is a sector within the Domain of Deneb.

Of course there is the internet. You might check out travellermap.com if you are interested in a map of the known universe and the ability to look up worlds. There are a number of worlds within the map that have links to the traveller wiki site. Not everything on the wiki is canon, but if you look at the bottom of each page it generally lists the source material.

There is a description in the Traveller Rule book (FG Module) Reference section of the overall setting, There is also a detailed description of a Subsector (Sindal) suitable for running campaigns in. It would take 36 weeks just to visit every system in Sindal at least once. In addition to exploring each system or completing various patron missions. More than enough to run a complete campaign for several years.

Also check this thread by esmdev https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...em-Information A completed Domain. (4 sectors, each containing 16 subsectors, of which Sindal is one, over 700 worlds) which contains a lot of data probably more than you'll ever need.

For more detailed information about the history of the Imperium, there are numerous sites giving detailed backgrounds on History, Nobility, Alien Races, Most of which is easily found on the traveller wiki. https://www.wiki.travellerrpg.com.

Simply put, Space & the traveller system is so vast. you could run a survivors game on a feudal backward tech planet using rocks & sticks to Mil Hi spec mercenary groups overthrowing planetary governments.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Thank you for the great help guys! I am definitely going to run the next Traveller game on Fantasy Grounds with this ruleset.

Thread Information