DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Folks,

I've pushed an update for the Traveller Companion today. Containing a couple of fixes, plus added a couple of tables and the career data.

• [Fixed] Airborne Hazards Table, the dice bands are now correct
    • [Added] Bad Jumps/Misjumps. Added those tables
    • [Added] Added Career Data for Truther/Believer Careers
    • [Fixed] Fixed minor layout issues

This should be released on the 24th Jan, but should be in TEST from next week if you want to check it out.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi.

Is there support for broad skill groups?

Also, are you planning a player guide for the companion rules?
    Last edited by esmdev; January 18th, 2022 at 23:47.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

Is there support for broad skill groups?

Also, are you planning a player guide for the companion rules?
    Hi esmdev,

Not at this time, the updates are starting to switch now to add more support for the Companion, and I'll bump this up the list for you.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Are we getting any combat automation for the option rules?
    I mainly use the addition would effect and hit location. Nice if it could work similar to ship combat.

+1 for adding the new skills from the the Broad skill groups.
    Since the book doesn't have a good way to introduce some of the new skills in character creation.
    I use a house role where my players has the option after a successful advancement roll to pick one of the new skills instead of doing a extra roll on the skill tables.
    They can only do this ones and the skill have to be connected to the career. This way my players can for example get the Crewmember skills for Navy, Merchant and Scout careers or Low-g skill for a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    Are we getting any combat automation for the option rules?
    I mainly use the addition would effect and hit location. Nice if it could work similar to ship combat.

+1 for adding the new skills from the the Broad skill groups.
    Since the book doesn't have a good way to introduce some of the new skills in character creation.
    I use a house role where my players has the option after a successful advancement roll to pick one of the new skills instead of doing a extra roll on the skill tables.
    They can only do this ones and the skill have to be connected to the career. This way my players can for example get the Crewmember skills for Navy, Merchant and Scout careers or Low-g skill for a Marine.
    Hi Boldtaar,

Keep on coming up with these suggestions, they do help us organise what do work on next.

I've added from the Companion the following automation:

Hit Locations. If a Traveller is hit by an NPC, a location is randomly rolled.
    Combat Mishaps. If a Traveller or NPC roll a pair of 1's and it's a MISS, then the Mishaps table is rolled, the outcome will have to be manually applied, approved by the Referee.

I'm working next on:

Wound Effects. Should a Traveller take damage a Wound Effect can be applied to that location. The effects will then be placed onto the character, and all various checks will be modified automatically

I may get the time to add a few other bits around this, such as a Modifier for 'Specific Location' when in Combat.

I'll take a look at skills soon, as the Character Wizard is underway slowly and that needs to be aware of all skills.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; February 26th, 2022 at 20:03.

How does the Hit Locations automation work for armor coverage?
    Tested it and Flack jacket gives coverage for legs with I don't think is should.
    Is the a way to edit a Armor item coverage area?
    Maybe could add a field to Armor items where we can edit coverage area by adding numbers. Example: "3-5" for Torso or and "1, 3-5" for Head and Torso
    Last edited by Boldtaar; April 11th, 2022 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    How does the Hit Locations automation work for armor coverage?
    Tested it and Flack jacket gives coverage for legs with I don't think is should.
    Is the a way to edit a Armor item coverage area?
    Maybe could add a field to Armor items where we can edit coverage area by adding numbers. Example: "3-5" for Torso or and "1, 3-5" for Head and Torso
    Hi Chap,

I'm going to expand Armour in the next update to include 'locations'. I'm just doing this for RQ and want to test what works best.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi MBM,

A friend was asking about the rules and in specific about Pre Career Support, Point based Character Building and Package based creation as they have a group and wanted to try to run Traveller.
    When I looked, I did not see any of these supported.
    The Point based system could be added by having it calculated automatically on all character sheets, every time a character sheet has a change in skills or attributes.
    This would allow the players to add/subtract things as needed and see the point score updated immediately, while also allowing players to see what their current characters would have costed out to even if they used other mechanics to create them.

As for package based systems, This one is something that needs a bit of thought as it is obvious the packages where created without considering any of the other companion rules. For example, they do not list any of the optional attributes.
    If I was adding support, these are the options I would add.
    <name>packagename</name>
    <note>formated text</note>
    <time><success>die expression or fixed number</success><failure>die expression or fixed number</failure><time interval> days or months or years or terms</time interval></time>
    <success><odds>int between 2 and 12 ie 8 for value to roll</odds></success>
    <critsuccess><odds>int between 2 and 12 ie 8 for value to roll</odds></critsuccess>
    <attribute list>
    <attribute><ID>attributename</ID><value>'+' or '-' to indicate 1 point increase or decrease</value><odds>int between 2 and 12 ie 8 for value to roll</odds></attribute>
    </attribute list>
    <skill list>
    <skill><failure><ID>skillname</ID><value>'+' or '-' or '0' (zero means set at zero if it does not already exist) </value><odds>int between 2 and 12 ie 8 for value to roll</odds></failure></skill>
    <skill><success><ID>skillname</ID><value>'+' or '-' or '0' (zero means set at zero if it does not already exist) </value><odds>int between 2 and 12 ie 8 for value to roll</odds></success></skill>
    <skill><critsuccess><ID>skillname</ID><value>'+' or '-' or '0' (zero means set at zero if it does not already exist) </value><odds>int between 2 and 12 ie 8 for value to roll</odds></critsuccess></skill>
    </skill list>
    <benefits>
    <item><ID>what the item is</ID><amount>dice expression or value</amount><odds>int between 2 and 12 ie 8 for value to roll</odds></item>
    </benefits>

The idea is, you can specify a package that can be dragged/dropped onto a character sheet, if a chance of success or failure is specified, the odds are specified, the skills gained, based upon success level (success is default if no chance of failure) and if the skill or change is automatic, then by putting a fixed value of 1 means any roll would succeed.

This allows for any attribute to be added to the design, allows for fixed or random determination of skills and fixed or random determination of benefits.
    It even allows for fixed or random determination of the time taken.

This system would not only allow for full support of package build systems, it also would make quick unique NPC generation and would allow players to customize the system for support of earlier versions of traveller (this would allow for full support of the TNE character creation system if that was wanted)

You could also use the above system to support pre-career systems as well.

Hopefully this would be able to be done so that my friend would be enticed to buy into the full traveller system.

best regards

Dalton

Hi MBM
    As an expansion to the above, you could also add the following to career packages
    <TechLevel> this way you can specify the homeworld/tech level limits for the career - informational only
    <Prerequisite> Prior Career packages needed before attempting this career - informational only
    <Opportunities> Possible next career if successful or even if failed ie a failure in piracy may lead to prison.
    <Event> chances of a life or career event and a roll on the appropriate table.

This could actually become a full character generation routine if wanted.

Hi Dalton,

Thanks for your thinking in this area.

There is a character builder in the works, the main issue I'm experiencing is down to custom data, so I'm working through all the bits, it's a slow process but once finished it should allow anyone to build a Traveller using all the ways supported from Mongoose.

Thanks,
    MBM

Thread Information