STAR TREK 2d20

PFRPG2 Ruleset - Release 14 - April 14th, 2020

Release 14 of the PFRPG2 ruleset has been made available in the live channel today for both FG Classic and FG Unity. After updating, you can confirm you have the most recent ruleset by checking for “PF2 Release 14” in the chat window ruleset message.

This release is a bit of a catch all – bug fixes, minor changes, updates for future products, etc..

As usual, the list of changes/fixes/added functionality is available in the release notes in the City Hall forum here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pril-14th-2020

The following sections give further info on some of the updates.

Migrated NPC abilities from single string controls to windowlist with title and text.

As part of the upcoming official Bestiary release, the previous 4 NPC data fields (interaction abilities, aura, reactive abilities and offensive/proactive abilities) have been replaced by 3 windowlist sections – that allow each ability to have a header/title and core descriptive text. The three new windowlists are Interaction abilities, reactive abilities and offensive/proactive abilities.

The ruleset makes an attempt to populate these windowlists from the old fields data. It will get it right most of the time, but there may be occasions when the data won’t be separated into distinct ability title/description pairs. The data won’t be lost, it just might be in different ability records and require a bit of manual editing.

All of the current DLC has been updated to use this format.

NPC attack line now has three sections highlighted - attack, traits and damage. Attack traits open in a single window.

This allows the double-clicking of attack traits. If the traits can be looked up (usually in the Core Rules DLC module, which should be activated for this to work) a single window will open showing info about all the traits that are present in the Campaign traits list.

You can see examples of both of the above in this screenshot:

NPC attack lines not parsing correctly in FG Unity

The attack lines will work in Unity - with version 2020-04-15 or higher.

Action symbol replacement

Replacement will now work for the fields and codes detailed in the Wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Action_Symbols ALT codes will not work in Unity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 15th, 2020 at 22:18.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nice work Trenloe.

This is AWESOME! Thank you Trenloe! I see the core updates and see 'bestiary' and the new races are coming >>>> (gets out credit card, prepares for eternal debtors servitude to Smiteworks).

=)

Looks good, but it appears im gonna have to redo all my custom npcs with errors, Awwww NUTSTICKS!
    *shrugs*

EDIT WAIT! looks like its an extension investigating please wait....
    EDIT2: YEP Its my Theme Extension, im using Im gonna have to change it...

AS you were!!
    Last edited by Willot; April 15th, 2020 at 00:20.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Oh yeah, changes to support upcoming products. I am quite eager for those two products.

With this Unity release, action symbols should be working again: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post496404
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks so much for your efforts on the ruleset Trenloe.

Works here!

Thanks Trenloe!

Thread Information