5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG-Character Converter/Import Hero lab characters

I just bought FG today when I saw you can import characters from Hero Lab. I am unable to locate the Character Converter Utility with my FGU Ultimate.

I have looked all over for my answer. I'm sorry if I have missed this question located some other place.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Vokar

The utility is included with FGC but FGU.
    Over time HL and FG formats have changed and the character imports are not as accurate as they used to be.
    The limited demand for the tool has meant that it has not been a priority for FGU and the devs have suggested it might not ever be built for FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome Vokar

The utility is included with FGC but FGU.
    Over time HL and FG formats have changed and the character imports are not as accurate as they used to be.
    The limited demand for the tool has meant that it has not been a priority for FGU and the devs have suggested it might not ever be built for FGU.
    Thanks for the speedy response.

Is it possible to convert my FGU to the older FGC so I may utilize the character converter?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vokar View Post
    Thanks for the speedy response.

Is it possible to convert my FGU to the older FGC so I may utilize the character converter?
    I think so but you will have to contact support directly at [email protected]

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for your help.
    FG should make this knowledge known that they don't have this feature on FGU and don't intend to use it.

This is very, very disappointing news. The ability for us to convert our tabletop characters from Herolab to Fantasy Grounds was a big selling point for me.

I absolutely agree... No wonder I get multiple error messages when I try to import.

Blog Entries
    I believe they dropped support for the converter because it was not being used enough to justify the resources. Add it to the Wish List and let users vote on it. If it is important enough to enough users, then I'm sure they will re-consider. (Though note they already have a character wizard in beta for 5E, so I'm sure that may color their calculations as well.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

One of the reasons I decided to go with FG in the first place was to use the converter for Pathfinder 1e. Even though we went with FGU instead of FGC, I was able to convert using the tool into xml. The characters were able to be used in FGU. There were modifications made after the import. Was it perfect? No, but it did save a lot if time without having to start from scratch. Having been on Hero Labs for 10+ years, I hope they plan to support the tool for the future. I understand the support isn't as big as 5e, but pathfinder 2e is still growing for now and some of us are not changing to it.

If it is true that Fantasy Grounds has dropped support for importing characters from Hero Labs then I am out some serious $$$$$ as I just picked up the Ultimate license and the books for Pathfinder!

Thread Information