DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Combat tracker targeting and damage roll

Is there any possibility to implement automated damage in the combat tracker or due to complexity of the VtM 5e rule system this would not be feasible?
    I mean, since attacker needs to roll the attack and then the defender needs to roll for defense, and so on; seems complex because is not that there is any static AC value to look for; however I am wondering if you may found a way to do so that is not manual.

I have yet to actually use the combat tracker in V5. My current stories just haven't needed it.

What I have done so far, since V5 uses opposed rolls: is to roll for the SPC first and set their number of successes as the difficulty of the player roll. Fantasy grounds is great for giving you the margin of success when the player "hits", when they fail i simply look to see what their margin of failure was

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    I have yet to actually use the combat tracker in V5. My current stories just haven't needed it.

What I have done so far, since V5 uses opposed rolls: is to roll for the SPC first and set their number of successes as the difficulty of the player roll. Fantasy grounds is great for giving you the margin of success when the player "hits", when they fail i simply look to see what their margin of failure was
    Thanks Fear Grounds, thatīs a very handy workaround.

When I deal with Attack vs Defense. I have the players do their rolls. If the attacker succeeds, The extra margin is how well they hit and adds damage to the weapon damage. You can compare dice pools and make a ruling as an ST. There is a 3 and done combat in the Rules, where you can do 3 rolls and then decide the outcome of the combat afterwards. Then the players and you can either RP the rest of the combat or just finish it there.
    Armor Class tends to be Successes above the first success from the attacker, plus Armor gear's bonus that subtracts successes from the Attacker's successes.
    Using a standard Diff of 2 for both, ST decided both have training to do their actions. So Attacker gets 4 successes above the diff of 2 to hit. Defender gets 3 successes above their diff 2 to dodge. Which without gear would mean a hit by weapon/attack. The 1 success margin from the attacker can either be used for better aim (hitting possible vital area if the successes are high enough in my games) or damage (RAW). But, the target has a body armor of 2, so now the target can subtract their armor from the damage afflicted on them. Small pistol used would do 2 + 1 damage (RAW) to the Target, the target's armor subtracts 2 from that total, so 1 damage. Kindred would get 1 Superficial Damage. If it was point blank for the pistol, against the skin, that 1 damage could be turned into an Aggravated. Mortal, the damage would Automatically be aggravated. Bludgeoning might be Superficial for a mortal if it was a punch with a bare fist, ST determines damage type from circumstances involving the Attacker vs Defender.

I hope that helps with understanding combat (ST descretion and RAW p123-127 for the rules. Examples of rolls are on p128-129 if you have the core book, under Rules in the Library Reference for FG) This can be used for Mental (Willpower) attacks as well.

I too would like a automated form of combat in FGC and FGU. It'll probably be a while, they are still fixing a few bugs that are in the main sections of the programming. As a ST, you can use a Player describes what they want to do for a scene first in the order of their tokens at the top of the screen, making decisions for the NPC/SPCs after players are done.

I hope you enjoy the game. I have been learning the changes from the Older Books vs the v5 books, lots of lore and a few changes in the characters.
    Last edited by RavenSaint; April 18th, 2020 at 15:16.

Thanks RavenSaint, letīs hope we get that in the near future,

While I agree that there are many different ways to handle combat in VtM 5e, I would point out that the only one that would require the combat tracker is the turn per turn opposition rolls one, the others can be handled without.
    I was under the impression that standard Diff is 3 not 2 (not that it matters as this is already handled correctly by the ruleset whatever the difficulty is).

Is automated combat something that is going to be added?

I feel like there is very little in the Vampire module that offers any reason to have bought it.

It is pretty but I cannot move around in it with any ease. What is there is very counterintuitive.

Nothing is as robust as the other systems and the cost of Camarilla is way overblown for what is in it.

Combat is not too common in my average Vampire game but having some pretty glaring gaps, like resolving rolls, or any real integration with weapons makes Discord alone a better option.

I am new to Fantasy Grounds and I may have assumed too much but the cost of this and what I received in return does not seem fair.

I am not a programmer. I came here to game.

And vent, apparently.

I've been around for more than 10 years now. And I love Smiteworks. But you're completely justified, in your feelings. Considering that World of Darkness is one of the greatest rpg settings ever. Yeah. It is underwhelming compared to other products.

What mostly bother me is the deafening silence from Smiteworks. Bug reports go unfixed and unacknowledged for months, and that is so so so unlike anything else here. It really strange why that is. I don't understand it. I once reported a bug after a general update, that occured in Mutants and Masterminds. It was fixed 40 mins later! And that game went about 10 years without serious updates, but did they fix it whenever something broke? Sure did!

Nothing happens here. And its depressing. But then again... we live in a World of Darkness. hee hee

Personally I would love if someone gave this to Superteddy. He seems to have a great love for things "not D&D" and great ideas. Engages with the community and takes feedback seriously.

Hmm... apparently I also had some steam to let out...

Blog Entries
    Since SmiteWorks is a small team, we are only able to devote our internal resources to so many projects before we become backlogged. Vampire is one of the rulesets that was built by a pair of community devs. I've sent Dan and Colin here to check in on things and respond.

M&M was also done by an outside dev, but we asked Supperteddy (our employee) to work on that one to fix a hard bug. He is currently working on some important fixes and updates for Starfinder. We will try to escalate any game breaking bugs ahead of new feature requests.

If something is breaking your game, please post it here but then email [email protected] and include a link to the post. This will help us manage the product.

I'm really a fan of Vampire, and combat is not often in my campaign. Just finished a online session where there was a conflict. so i tried the combat tracker for the first time...

While the first things are deviantly an issue. Initiative is a other one.

The rules of Vampire give a couple of options (p.125 and p.300) over who goes first.

Only in this rule set i have no control of such sort. its who you put first in the tracker goes first all the time.

While the rule set may look stunning I'm missing the basic functionality of other rule sets. and the more i play with this the worse it gets.

Thread Information