5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I am trying to add this effect to increase a characters saving throw bonus by 1 for the ring of protection and it is not working.
    I have created a new power as instructed. Given the power the Ring description and then added the action: effect. In the Description / Conditions / Effects section I added Save: 1 as described. Target is self. When I use the effect an effect is added to the character which says "Save: 1" in the effects area on the combat tracker for the character. Then when I roll a Strength save only the normal strength modifier is applied. I have even tried to force a save by having a breath weapon force a dex save and still only the dex modifier is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by ladro9hands View Post
    I am trying to add this effect to increase a characters saving throw bonus by 1 for the ring of protection and it is not working.
    I have created a new power as instructed. Given the power the Ring description and then added the action: effect. In the Description / Conditions / Effects section I added Save: 1 as described. Target is self. When I use the effect an effect is added to the character which says "Save: 1" in the effects area on the combat tracker for the character. Then when I roll a Strength save only the normal strength modifier is applied. I have even tried to force a save by having a breath weapon force a dex save and still only the dex modifier is applied.
    I am pretty sure that the word SAVE has to be in all caps for it to work properly.

Correct. The effect needs to be SAVE: 1

Here's some videos to get you going on creating effects https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E

And welcome to FG, ladro9hands.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yup that was it. Thanks for the help.

Can anyone supply a screen-clipper image of this?

Not on my computer right now. See the video link in the post above yours and follow how to create an effect and type in Ring of Protection; AC: 1; SAVE: 1 and set the targeting to self.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelAshemdion View Post
    Can anyone supply a screen-clipper image of this?
    ringofprotection.jpgIn the chat you can see the "effect +1" showing up. On the combat tracker you can see the effect marking the player. On the character sheet you can see the button to push as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    ringofprotection.jpgIn the chat you can see the "effect +1" showing up. On the combat tracker you can see the effect marking the player. On the character sheet you can see the button to push as needed.
    Many thanks, I'll give that a go ).

Thread Information