STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

SWADE is incompatible with AudioOverseer (or the contrary)

Does the SW ruleset make some manipulation with the chat of CoreRPG?

I've came to an error with AudioOverseer + SWADE here, where an effect of the kind Trait +1 does not work. In other rulesets based on CoreRPG as ad&d these kind of effect work.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post493119

Edit: AudioOverseer breaks completely SWADE automations, it does not work drag&drop attacks on enemy, nor targeting
    Edit 2: Seems that this issue has been solved thanks to celestian that fix some code in AO and ikael that modified SW ruleset in order to use the CoreRPG Dice Tower (SW 5.2.3 from Test channel). Thank you, guys. I will check more deeply in my next SW session.
    Last edited by lozanoje; May 1st, 2020 at 22:07.

Update: tested in SW Deluxe, same problem. And in Unity, SWADE/DLX both are incompatible with AudioOverseer.

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    Update: tested in SW Deluxe, same problem. And in Unity, SWADE/DLX both are incompatible with AudioOverseer.
    Have you tried damned's extensions that also alter chat in SWADE? If it's what I think it is, any extension that alters chat will have the same problem in SWADE.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Have you tried damned's extensions that also alter chat in SWADE? If it's what I think it is, any extension that alters chat will have the same problem in SWADE.
    Nope, which one should I test? Anyone at random?, do they all alter the chat?

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    Nope, which one should I test? Anyone at random?, do they all alter the chat?
    I don't recall the names but they were his 2 recent ones. I think one was called "STOP" ? Sorry. Not at my desktop to search.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I don't recall the names but they were his 2 recent ones. I think one was called "STOP" ? Sorry. Not at my desktop to search.
    I've tested Player Agency and it does work (the +1 to Spirit added as an effect). I will try the one you mention, it is called HALT, a security extension for people feeling wrong with the current scene.

Last edited by lozanoje; April 11th, 2020 at 19:26.

Tested Halt extension, I am not sure if it captures the chat since it only shows icons in the chat, but It does work with SWADE:

But look, celestian, in another extension damned uses a *separate* extension for SavageWorlds, different from the generic CoreRPG one. Maybe is it related with the issue we are talking about? I will ask him.

What I see different from the CoreRPG and SW versions of "HeroPoints" extension is the way it deals with the console:

CoreRPG:
    <script>
    function onDoubleClick(x, y)
    if getValue() > 0 then
    local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode());
    Debug.console("rActor: ", rActor);

local nodeWin = window.getDatabaseNode();
    Debug.console("nodeWin: ", nodeWin);

local sHeroType = nodeWin.getChild("pc_hero_points").getValue();
    Debug.console("sHeroType: ");
    Debug.console(sHeroType);
    local msg = {font = "msgfont", icon = "heropoints"};
    msg.text = rActor.sName .. " is using a " .. sHeroType;
    Comm.deliverChatMessage(msg);
    setValue(getValue()-1);
    end
    return true;
    end
    </script>
    SavageWorlds:
    <script>
    function onDoubleClick(x, y)
    if getValue() > 0 then
    local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode());
    Debug.console("rActor: ");
    Debug.console(rActor);
    local nodeWin = window.getDatabaseNode();
    Debug.console("nodeWin: ");
    Debug.console(nodeWin);
    local sHeroType = nodeWin.getChild("pc_hero_points").getValue();
    Debug.console("sHeroType: ");
    Debug.console(sHeroType);
    local msg = {font = "msgfont", icon = "heropoints"};
    msg.text = rActor.sName .. " is using a " .. sHeroType;
    Comm.deliverChatMessage(msg);
    setValue(getValue()-1);
    end
    return true;
    end
    </script>
    I do not know lua, does it makes any sense for you?

Not sure that's related. I override the CoreRPG xml for the defaultchat window so I can capture the onReceivedMessages and check to see if sounds should be triggered. If SWADE does the same one of us will not work as far as I know you cannot have 2 overrides based on previous conversations I've had with JPG.
    ---

Thread Information