5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Any way to UNDO?

I have spent the day getting to know FGU through the included 5e Example. I keep messing up. I do damage to the wrong player, I award too much XPs etc. I am finding it unbelievably hard to undo these mistakes. I try clicking on the actual field like "wounds" or "XPs" of the character, but I can't edit them.
    Is there an easy way to undo these mistakes?

Next, I accidentally delete a monster from an encounter, clear the console then realize I needed some info on the console.
    Is there a way to undo these problems?

I am worried that I will host a game and run into these problems and ruin the adventure (or take a while to fix it and lode the mood).

Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    There is no undo command. But you can reverse anything you do. The Wounds and XP (and just about every other field) is editable by clicking in it and typing. There will be no cursor, but if you type it will be replaced.

You can also undo things by typing number in chat and dragging them to the field. Or taking existing numbers and dragging them. (Some of this depends, and some numbers need to be typed such as some damage to heal wounds). Though with damage you need to hold ctrl or shift when you drag it, or right click on it and make it neg/pos so that it heals rather than do extra damage.

And, when you run your game. You will make mistakes, but none of them matter, just keep moving forward and concentrate on fun.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You will make less mistakes as you use it more.
    Is there a reason you clear the console?
    It contains useful information.
    No. That is just it. It was an accidental. While testing things out i selected the eraser. I was thinking it would get rid of just one entry. The whole console disappeared.

There really should be a way to undo this. I would love it if FG could add that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There is no undo command.
    It would've been mighty nice to have it though...

As I am writing my adventure, I am now very paranoid. Does FG make backups or versioning? What if I delete a story but realize I needed the info in it? Is there a way to get back this?

You might want to think about backing up your campaign or exporting to a module from time to time if you are worried about this. Once something is removed, it is gone and lost.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

You can backup your campaign data to module form by selecting library, modules and click export. Just enter some basic info like filename and what you want to call it. It is quick and painless. It also serves to make it possible to reuse your current campaign data in other campaigns.

I think that is why I prefer a build campaign to add and export from than the current play campaign. That way it adds an extra layer of protection for data that I don't want gone.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Is there a way to automate the exporting of your campaign at certain intervals?

Thread Information