DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

First time running SWADE, Savage RIFTS, & using FG. Help/Advice Appreciated.

I am extremely new to Fantasy Grounds and am finding it a bit difficult to figure things out. I have made some headway but am constantly coming up against new problems. It certainly doesn't help that I am trying to learn the program at the same time as starting 2 new Savage RIFTS campaigns (both of which want to use FG). My list of problems that I have not solved thus far is:

- Importing the massive selection of Armor/Weapons/Gear into FG (Thus far I have just been doing it one at a time but would appreciate being told an easier way).
    - Get the Iconic Framework abilities to auto-calculate continues to elude me.
    - Outside of manually editing it into Toughness, is there a way to do Embedded Toughness of Armor?
    - I have a player who is a Dragon Hatchling and another that is a Sasquatch (both have an increased Size), how do I increase their Size?
    - Where can I enter the abilities of Cybernetics? I was thinking of just doing them as equipment; would that work?
    - I have installed the Savage RIFTS extension that I found on the forums here but could not notice anything different other than the theme. What is it supposed to be doing? I assume I must have installed it wrong.

I'm sure that this is not an exhaustive list of problems and that I will come across more as I move forward. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer me.

Guessing using FG Classic and not too familiar with Rifts so will have to double check some stuff there:

1 -
    First for importing: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hanced-Library Not too familiar with right now, but this can help import stuff from PDFs. Not sure about items and such.
    IF you don't have also get NPC maker, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...7-SW-NPC-Maker Might have issues with last power in an Arcane Background and linking weapons (stats generally good)

2-
    Not sure what needs calculated for Iconic Framework

3- Armor as equipment can be found on Inventory -> Armor then create a new item name it as embedded and mark it as equiped. (hm, getting errors, Rifts Ext. might be out of date), all else fails you can add Armor to toughness by right clicking and adding as modifier

4- Racial Ability (positive or negative) on Main Page then drag/drop into abilities. There is Big, Size + and Size -. IF you mean on combat tracker/maps, then: If you look to right side of icons along the top of character entry, you should see # next to shield. Click on that and will get a Space & Reach line with box you can add numbers to. If you change, it will setup Token size on on map IF it is gridded and on when dropped on to it.

5- If you have the Sci-Fi companion, it will show up as a Tab under inventory. It is equipment, just a specialized type.
    6- Not sure how old extension is, I have V1.2c: it provides Cyberware tab, notes tab in INVENTORY. It pops up alot of errors, so its probably out of sync/date with SWADE,
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

I've been spending the last month Data Inputting Savage Rifts content one piece at a time into my Campaign. Really time consuming, but the up-side is I am learning the gear inside and out, and finding a few inconsistencies or possible typos.

For armor in the notes section put something like this to add the toughness bonus: [Toughness+3] Just be aware it needs to be equipped and it will not change the toughness entry on the character or NPC sheets, it will add it in during dice rolls though. For NPCs I have just been making a note for where extra Toughness gets added of reference, but then hard coding the Toughness stat so I can see what it is supposed to be on the combat tracker, rather than waiting for the dice roll to see the totals.

I also would like more information about increasing size. I have been trying this [Size+1] but don't think it is actually doing anything. On NPCs under the Combat tab there is a space field to set their combat map size. Edit: Just playing around with Size and I figured out how to make it work. Just make the abilities title Size+1 and don't include anything in the notes or effects section. Apparently the title is sufficient to incorporate the Size Table rules. Also [Size+1] was doing things, it's when you get to [Size+6] that I realized it was doubling the value from the title and the effects field. I also had foolishly changed all my titles to Size (+1) which broke the title reference (hence why it wasn't working before).

For Cybernetics I made a sub-group under Monsterous Abilities, then I can drag them into Character or NPC abilities. Did the same for Iconic Framework Abilities. Has been working really well for me. I just write in the Strain and Cost at the top of the Notes field.
    Last edited by Kurtboard; April 10th, 2020 at 21:26.

Thanks for the help. This really helps me a lot.
    But, I cannot get the [Size+1] to have any effect. I have tried adding to existing characters, making whole new characters, it won't change anything on the character sheet.
    I have also run into a problem with the run die. Some Iconic Frameworks and monsters have a higher than normal run die. How do I change the run die without just stacking Fleet-footed Edges on everything?

I'm just in the process of setting up Rifts myself in FG. For the run die, drag the actual die you want over the top of the Run die to update it (I had the same problem myself yesterday ) For the size thing, it should just be [Size +1] (don't forget the space) as an Effect. I'd suggest duplicating the Small hindrance and adjusting the numbers under the Effects.

I'm actually unable to create new races properly - it won't let me drag racial abilities over onto them, so I have to manually create each racial ability. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, I'd love to know. (Edit: figured out the issue)
    Last edited by Hammaer; April 15th, 2020 at 22:28.

Just tested with the Characters and [Size+4] in the efect field worked and gave the NPC the +2 to hit a large target; just make an ability and put [Size+4] in the effect field; just be aware if you do this for NPCs it behaves differently. From my NPC testing each even size increment increases the bonus by two; so Size+2 is Large, Size+4 is Huge, Size+6 is Gargantuan, its weird how it is inconsistent between the two. For NPCs just make an ability named Size+4 no brackets and no effect and it will behave as expected. Also you don't need the space between the modifier and the trait (tried it both ways and they both worked, Size+2 & Size +2). Though it does seem for some of the effects you have to leave out the space, as an example [Ignore #UnarmedDefender] cannot have a space between Unarmed and Defender.

Also meant to add, a quick way to adjust a die up or down is to hold CTRL and roll your mouse wheel.
    Last edited by Kurtboard; April 15th, 2020 at 18:31.

Yes, capitalization and punctuation is VERY important for coding effects. So missing a space or not using a capital letter will break the effect you want.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

I've got a fully functional Savage Rifts module (sadly that I can't share due to copyright). I'm happy to show anyone how I did it...requires some XML, but it makes for a very nice module!

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Yes, capitalization and punctuation is VERY important for coding effects. So missing a space or not using a capital letter will break the effect you want.
    SavageWorlds parsing always is case insensitive unlike with other rulesets. It does not matter if you use capital or lower case letters. Overall SavageWorlds has the least demanding rules in parsing. In 99% cases even whitespaces does not matter.

I did found small bug that in effects you have to put comma to right place but two seconds ago fixed that one so it doesn't matter how you express that either.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtboard View Post
    Just tested with the Characters and [Size+4] in the efect field worked and gave the NPC the +2 to hit a large target; just make an ability and put [Size+4] in the effect field; just be aware if you do this for NPCs it behaves differently. From my NPC testing each even size increment increases the bonus by two; so Size+2 is Large, Size+4 is Huge, Size+6 is Gargantuan, its weird how it is inconsistent between the two. For NPCs just make an ability named Size+4 no brackets and no effect and it will behave as expected. Also you don't need the space between the modifier and the trait (tried it both ways and they both worked, Size+2 & Size +2). Though it does seem for some of the effects you have to leave out the space, as an example [Ignore #UnarmedDefender] cannot have a space between Unarmed and Defender.

Also meant to add, a quick way to adjust a die up or down is to hold CTRL and roll your mouse wheel.
    I confirmed inconsistency in this and applied fix for upcoming Savage Worlds 5.2 update. The update is already available in Test channel.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information