STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Fantasy Grounds to Discord (Grognard Bot)

Hey Everyone,

As we are all "sheltering in place" I found I needed something to do with my time, I spent a few days throwing this together. I'm just gauging interest for now, if this is something GM's want for their groups I'll polish it up a bit and post it here...

This came about because my players feel I roll "too well" and I wanted to show them the actual die roll statistics per session... We play via Discord so it made sense to have the results post to discord.

What I have is a Discord bot that "watches" your fantasy grounds campaign and then gives your player's live feedback during the session, and at the end of the session he reports on all the die rolls and gives out some gold stars...

Currently I've only tested it with Pathfinder 2E, but it should work with any CoreRPG ruleset.

This does require not only an FG Extension, but also a companion app that communicates with the Bot server.

UPDATE: July 21st 2020: I have uploaded the source AS IS to GitHub https://github.com/Cupcakus/FGBot. If you would like to help collaborate on this project, please DM me and I'll add you to my Discord where we can discuss.
    Last edited by Cupcakus; July 21st, 2020 at 19:38.

I enjoy projects like this.

Thanks @CupCakus

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

This is neat and great job!
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Wow, this looks great! Our group was just talking about having stats like this.

Blog Entries
    You know, their is the Chatlog.html that can be used for a similar purpose. I was always wanting Doug to get around to formalizing his Campaign Statistics. Maybe it would be easier to do something like being able to load a chatlog.html in a discord bot and have it generate such reports? Wouldn't require an extension and could be use retro-actively

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You know, their is the Chatlog.html that can be used for a similar purpose. I was always wanting Doug to get around to formalizing his Campaign Statistics. Maybe it would be easier to do something like being able to load a chatlog.html in a discord bot and have it generate such reports? Wouldn't require an extension and could be use retro-actively
    That was my original plan, unfortunately the chat log doesn't have the specific die rolls, only the totals, so it's not useful for a running dice tally.

I also needed hooks for "killed" creatures... because of regen you can't just wait for the chat log to show "dying" or "destroyed", they might spring back to life. Instead it waits for me (The GM) to remove the dead creature from the combat tracker before awarding the kill to a player.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakus View Post
    That was my original plan, unfortunately the chat log doesn't have the specific die rolls, only the totals, so it's not useful for a running dice tally.

I also needed hooks for "killed" creatures... because of regen you can't just wait for the chat log to show "dying" or "destroyed", they might spring back to life. Instead it waits for me (The GM) to remove the dead creature from the combat tracker before awarding the kill to a player.
    Nice.

Blog Entries

If a NPC runs away and the GM removes them from the CT is a kill awarded? Or unless if it's unconscious?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If a NPC runs away and the GM removes them from the CT is a kill awarded? Or unless if it's unconscious?
    If it's dying, destroyed, or dead, the last PC to damage it gets credit when I remove it from the tracker. If I remove it for any other reason, it doesn't count as a kill.

Blog Entries
    If it's dying, destroyed, or dead, the last PC to damage it gets credit when I remove it from the tracker. If I remove it for any other reason, it doesn't count as a kill.
    Nice
    Sound like you thought this through

Thread Information