STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Running syrinscape through FGU?

Is this possible? Or is it possible down the track, maybe?

More broadly - how do people using FG incorporate music/soundscapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Geddes View Post

There are two extensions currently for triggering sounds in Syrinscape from Fantasy Grounds. One is available here on the forums by user Celestian. The other I wrote and sell on DMsGuild. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/301...iate_id=712946

You can use it to trigger any sounds you own in syrinscape and the extension allows you to use either the syrinscape online player or the older Genre players (fantasy/sci-fi). Also, it has the ability to automatically play sounds based on defined triggers that appear in the chat. So for example, you could play a fanfare or something when a critical hit is rolled.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

That sounds great. I did watch the video on DMs guild, can you just confirm though: Does it allow one to set background music/soundscapes as well?

Also, does it work on unity as well as classic?

It does work in both Classic and Unity. Unity is still in beta and has not been through performance tuning, so many users have reported a very long wait time when you try to open the sounds window. I am hoping that as Unity nears release, that will improve.

The extension will allow you to trigger any sounds in syrinscape. So things like background music/soundscapes are generally referred to as "Moods" which loop and can be very rich and complex. You also have "One-Shots" which play once and stop.

If you have a supersyrin subscription, you have the option of using their online soundset creator to upload your own sounds and then import them into your game. Instructions are included with the extension.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Geddes View Post

AudioOverseer works with FGC and FGU. Allows for triggers and collections (multiple background ambient sounds triggered in one link) and sound links all that can be directly linked into story entries or anywhere you can place links. Syrinscape offers the best 3rd party support at this time. 3rd party apps other than Syrinscape can be used with basic trigger support.

Watch the video in the thread and see if it does what you want. The extension is free.

AudioOverseer thread.

If/when FGU adds direct support for sounds AudioOverseer will be updated to include such features.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hello Mattekure,
    I was hoping you could help me with your Syrinscape Mod. I purchased the Mod through DMsguild. I have am using the current free version of Syrinscape to see if the mod works and the sounds play before committing additional funds. I placed the ext file in the proper folder along with the mod file. I then authenticated the token in FGU and also downloaded the csv file replacing the previous sound links module. I then restarted FGU but none of the free sounds play. Instead, I get an additional window pop up giving me a message that I will need an additional app to run it and to search for a program to run.
    Thanks for any insight.

Do you use Discord KidKnee? Mattekure (and others) on both the Fantasy Grounds College (https://discord.gg/X62PwCsD) and Rob2e (https://discord.gg/UXGskCzF) Discord servers can help you out.

Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by KidKnee View Post
    Hello Mattekure,
    I was hoping you could help me with your Syrinscape Mod. I purchased the Mod through DMsguild. I have am using the current free version of Syrinscape to see if the mod works and the sounds play before committing additional funds. I placed the ext file in the proper folder along with the mod file. I then authenticated the token in FGU and also downloaded the csv file replacing the previous sound links module. I then restarted FGU but none of the free sounds play. Instead, I get an additional window pop up giving me a message that I will need an additional app to run it and to search for a program to run.
    Thanks for any insight.
    Couple of questions for you.

What OS are you using?
    What version of FG are you using?
    What syrinscape player are you using?

Generally if you get the pop up you described it means there is a mismatch in what player fg the hunks you are using. For example fg thinks you are using the syrinscape online player but you have the syrinscape fantasy player installed. In the options in fg there is an option to choose the syrinscape online player or syrinscape genre players (fantasy, sci-fi, boardgame)

Microsoft 64 bit
    Fantasy grounds unity, updated
    Syrinscape, not sure exactly, the app says fantasy player. I downloaded the free version and have an account but thought I could test out the sounds before I subscribe.

Thread Information