DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

$230 Maps for $6 (still going)

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...iate_id=229540

I just noticed this sale (deal of the day).

The maps in the main book are fine for Fantasy Grounds, the VTT map sold separately are too large and you would scale them down to about the size in the book anyways.

(still $6 as of this post)
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; April 11th, 2020 at 19:48.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Saw this review, curious how true it is?

At the "Deal of the Day" price of $6, I suppose I'll eventually get my money's worth, but I mostly feel like I just bought an advertisement for the publisher's work in proper form (each map being available for purchase at "poster quality" for $2 a pop). While I won't go so far as to say these are useless for VTT purposes (some maps hold up a bit better under zoom than others), I would warn others who may be considering this product to temper expectations for VTT utility. On the other hand, if you just want pretty maps to print off at letter-size resolution for standard tabletop play, I guess this is a pretty good deal.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yeah - there's definitely jpg compression, but if feels like it will be good enough to be worth it for me.

Snip of the map at 400%
    400Zoom.PNG

On my 4k monitor the whole map is visible at roughly 150%
    160Zoom.PNG

Blog Entries
    They are all medium size and resolution maps. About 1100x1500 in pixel size. If you zoom in 400%, they start looking a little blocky. Grids line up at about 35 pixels which is a touch small, but boosting it to 40 or 50 in Map Align does not make them look bad.

The VTT maps are like 5K or 6K x 5K or 6K in size and you can zoom in more, but they are way too big for Fantasy Grounds.

I think the maps in the book look quite decent in Fantasy Grounds and for $6 (at the time) for 230 maps I got my money’s worth.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Well, I showed Celestian a map or two on my machine and he bought it. Cannot be too bad.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Well, I showed Celestian a map or two on my machine and he bought it. Cannot be too bad.

:-)
    Indeed. For FGC it's quite passable.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information