STAR TREK 2d20

Looking at FG and have some questions before I buy.

Hey guys,

This tool looks great, and I could really use something like this but I have several questions before I go sink a pile of cash into the software and expansions. I'm hoping folks here can help me with them.

1) My players are my 15 year old son and his friends. They are not going to be able to afford licenses of their own, but I can afford the Ultimate license. If I buy an Ultimate, can they simply use the Demo Accounts as player clients on my game, or do they need paid accounts to play content I produce or run? The features list is ambiguous and I didn't find anything on a search.

2) Is the FGU client only 64-bit, or can it also run on a 32-bit machine. Two of my players have 32-bit machines, but I can run the GM client on a 64-bit machine with a lot of horsepower. In this instance can I make FGU work, or do I need FGC?

3) I would like to finish out our current campaign using this tool, but I have created several custom magic items that my players have been finding throughout the story. Can I author these items in FG, or does it only work with the standard items delivered in the purchased Data Sets?

Any help or clarification is much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    1) As long as you (with an Ultimate license) runs/gms/hosts the game all the players can have free/demo accounts. Just in case you were thinking, you can not host and give someone else GM control/permissions. With FGU, the players will need free forums accounts, but not paid licenses.

2) I believe FGU is 64-bit only and only runs on 64-bit machines. I think you are going to have to get FGC. (Which is actually not a bad decision since FGU is still in beta/early access)

3) Sure, you can create tons of custom/homebrew. It's one of the strengths of FG. You can even create modules for distribution and/or sale. Of course you have to follow legal IP restrictions, but for instance take a look at the DMsGuild and sort content by Format> Virtual Table Top. All of that is third party 5E content for FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    1) As long as you (with an Ultimate license) runs/gms/hosts the game all the players can have free/demo accounts. Just in case you were thinking, you can not host and give someone else GM control/permissions. With FGU, the players will need free forums accounts, but not paid licenses.

2) I believe FGU is 64-bit only and only runs on 64-bit machines. I think you are going to have to get FGC. (Which is actually not a bad decision since FGU is still in beta/early access)

3) Sure, you can create tons of custom/homebrew. It's one of the strengths of FG. You can even create modules for distribution and/or sale. Of course you have to follow legal IP restrictions, but for instance take a look at the DMsGuild and sort content by Format> Virtual Table Top. All of that is third party 5E content for FG.
    That's PERFECT! Thanks for the detailed reply! Now I'm all kind of stoked to get going with it.

Thread Information