Starfinder Playlist
Page 65 of 96 First ... 1555636465666775 ... Last
    How do I print out my character sheet (easily)?
    Cthulhu...in my club, without a tie?!!

There's no native way of doing it from FGU. This might still work but I don't know for sure https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sheet-from-XML
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hello! Thanks for all you guys do, and for such an awesome tool in Fantasy Grounds. Is there any way I can add a layer for text labels to a map? I'd like to add a layer for labels that only I can see as the GM. I think I could probably construct the necessary layers within an external image editing application and then import them as separate image layers into Fantasy Grounds, but that seems like kind of a kludgy solution at best. I'm hoping that there might be a more elegant solution usable from within Fantasy Grounds itself, or alternately just a more streamlined workflow I might apply using external tools. How are others handling this? Or am I (quite possibly) an oddball for desiring such a thing? Thanks for any and all info.

There's no text layer in Unity (yet?) so your only option is to do it with maybe tokens or other assets. You can certainly create a layer which you can then change to viewable by the DM only but you'd need to create that however you can with whatever assets you have or third party paint packages.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Zacchaeus is correct. We don't have a text layer option on images yet. It is on our development list, but we don't have an ETA for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There's no text layer in Unity (yet?) so your only option is to do it with maybe tokens or other assets. You can certainly create a layer which you can then change to viewable by the DM only but you'd need to create that however you can with whatever assets you have or third party paint packages.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Zacchaeus is correct. We don't have a text layer option on images yet. It is on our development list, but we don't have an ETA for it yet.
    Thanks to much guys! I just wanted to double check whether I might have missed something along the way. My current method certainly works well enough. If anything, a paint layer with handwritten labels would probably work fine as well. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by nullPointerX View Post
    Thanks to much guys! I just wanted to double check whether I might have missed something along the way. My current method certainly works well enough. If anything, a paint layer with handwritten labels would probably work fine as well. Cheers!
    Import images you make with words on it that you think you would use, then you can easy make a layer and use those words. Once you get used to it, you can easy make an image of the words/sentence you want then import that in (can do it while the game is running too)

My group had a wonderful time yesterday starting out in Curse of Strahd. Thanks for all you do!

One thing I was not able to do was use spell tokens because they kept getting selected or moved by players obscuring the map to much (especially when they were selected and consequently highlighted).
    Is there a way to have tokens on the map that only the GM can select or move?

Yes. Add them as layers. See video Fourteen in the first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes. Add them as layers. See video Fourteen in the first post in this thread.
    Is it possible within an extension script to access a pointer to an image (or token) that is in a secondary layer (so it is non-interactable by players) and still move or delete the image from the map within the extension?

I am thinking about the Critically Awesome Essentials extension that allows the creation of token stacks that move when a player is moved. Unfortunately at present the spell tokens in the stack are in the same layer with characters so they light up and obscure the map when selected by any player and players can move them around independent of the stack they are in.

Thread Information