Starfinder Playlist
Page 60 of 95 First ... 1050585960616270 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by joelat713 View Post
    It's not there. I've purchased everything from Steam. Steam says the dlc is installed, but it's not in assets. I've hit the refresh assets button as well. It would have its own pouch with the name FG Old World ... , right?
    Yes. But if you purchased from Steam you'll need to sync you Steam and Smiteworks accounts in order to install it. See here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+Applications

If you have already done that try de-synching the accounts and then redoing the sync.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes. But if you purchased from Steam you'll need to sync you Steam and Smiteworks accounts in order to install it. See here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+Applications

If you have already done that try de-synching the accounts and then redoing the sync.
    Thanks. That did the trick.

How do I put PC tokens on a map without having to drag them from the combat-tracker -> delete the PC from CT -> re-add the PC to CT? I tried just dragging the PC token from the character-sheet, but it does not drop on maps.

What I need is PC tokens on different maps than the one the CT tokens are playing on (or two of the same PC tokens on the same map, one from the CT and one not).

I think (away from PC atm) if you drag the characters from the desktop that will work. Failing that icons from asset folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    How do I put PC tokens on a map without having to drag them from the combat-tracker -> delete the PC from CT -> re-add the PC to CT? I tried just dragging the PC token from the character-sheet, but it does not drop on maps.

What I need is PC tokens on different maps than the one the CT tokens are playing on (or two of the same PC tokens on the same map, one from the CT and one not).
    You can use the green skull icon at the bottom of the CT to quickly drag all the PCs onto a map. You can't put PCs onto a map other that via the CT. And you can only have a PC on one map at a time. Whilst you can duplicate NPCs you can't do the same for PCs - since there's only ever one of them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I think (away from PC atm) if you drag the characters from the desktop that will work. Failing that icons from asset folder.
    Unfortunately that does not seem to work. It also would be awkward, because then you only could use it when players were connected. Dragging the token from the character sheet would be easiest. But thanks for the suggestion.

Weissrolf, the core of the issue is that to get a token on the map it needs to be considered an asset, and specifically a token asset.

The easiest way to make a PC portrait an asset that looks like a token that I know of is to create a new NPC by opening NPC then pressing the + at the bottom. On the new empty NPC name it something, ie Dopple PC1. Next, open the PC character sheet and drag and drop the token on the top right onto the empty token space on Dopple PC1. It should drop. You can then drag and drop the Dopple PC1 token onto a map.

Note you did not specify a ruleset so I used the 5E ruleset to test this.

Note 2: an advantage of this approach is that if the PC change's it token to something else, the NPC will change it's token to match too.
    Last edited by Griogre; October 25th, 2021 at 16:31.

Thanks for the answer. From my point of view the core of the issue is that you cannot drag the token from a character sheet onto a map. It is named a token, it is directly connected to its corresponding token asset and is instantly transformed into a map usable token after being dragged to the combat tracker, but it still cannot directly be dragged to the map. So I have to open the unwieldy tokens window and navigate my way to the token images despite them already being present in the char sheets.

This is even more unfortunate with portraits, because these are saved within the campaign portraits folder and stay available even after removing the corresponding image files from assets. So for less load redundancy and less of a mess in my global (all campaigns) assets I delete them once saved in a char sheet. Being able to drag them to maps from said char sheet versions could be useful sometimes.

You used to be able to drag players onto the map from the character sheet but that was deprecated because support was then overwhelmed with 'I cannot target anything/FG is broken etc' type problems since only if it is dragged from the CT does it work properly. I have never heard of anyone needing a copy of the PC on the map so your use case is probably unique.

LOL Dopplegangers come to mind for D&D or Mirror of opposition. But yeah tech support and the boards got tons of questions about tokens not connected to the combat tracker. To me the base problem is that the GM can't drag a "token asset" onto the map and use it as a token. That would be the intuitive use of token assets.

Thread Information