DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 96 First ... 345671555 ... Last
    EDIT: Nevermind. Strangely, I some how broke a token which seems to cause this odd scroll shrinking thing to happen just to this test token

I have found the problem is perhaps related to the 5e Enhancer extension I have installed. Disable extension and control+scroll works. Updated to the latest version of the extension . Control+extension works partially now but seems to only shrink to vanishing.
    Last edited by Dave Wilson; April 25th, 2020 at 21:38. Reason: had a broken token

I have another question, can I move or rename maps in the assets folder without losing LOS data and layers? I didn't think about organization when I was first playing around, and now I have a couple of maps that are out of place.

You can move a map into another group without an issue; and if it is a map of your own that you added you can rename it and it will keep the LoS.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGunther View Post
    I have another question, can I move or rename maps in the assets folder without losing LOS data and layers? I didn't think about organization when I was first playing around, and now I have a couple of maps that are out of place.
    The layer and LOS data is part of the image record, so organizing maps within FGU should preserve data. Moving images (the source JPG or PNG files) on your hard drive will break the link to those files and the image will no longer be able to draw those layers.

Is there a way to rename maps within FGU?

Yes, just unlock the image and type a new name.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks so far for all the help. I have more questions. First, how do I move tokens forward/backward in the layer stack? When one token moves on top of another, I can't figure out how to change the layer order of the tokens. This is especially a problem for larger tokens.

As far as I know all tokens occupy the same layer so they can't be moved to different layers. Basically try not to stack tokens.

If I mess up placing tokens for a complex scenario involving multiple encounter groups (like the theatre or mistshore in Dragon Heist), sometimes things get messed up and I need to start over. I have tried resetting the individual encounters in the "encounter" button on the right when they show as modified, but many of the encounters in the story section don't appear under the encounter button so they cannot be reset. I have tried unchecking all the "map placement" checks for the tokens, but I am never able to get the encounter to populate the map a second time. They will populate the CT any number of times, but I cannot get map population to work after the first attempt, Is there a way to reset placement of an encounter in the story secion so map population works again?

I'm not exactly clear on what your issue is.

Firstly all of the encounters that are in the adventure appear in the encounters tab. An encounter can't exist if it isn't listed in that tab so I'm not sure why you aren't seeing encounters listed there.

Secondly in most cases (the exceptions being random encounters) all of the tokens are already placed on the maps. You can tell that this is the case because a row of ticks appears under the name of the NPCs in the encounter.

If you want to change the position of NPCs for some reason then open the encounter and the relevant map and click on the ticks to untick them. Then drag the tokens under the name of the NPC onto the map where you want them. Then close the encounter. When you are ready to use it you can then open the encounter and use the add button to add the encounter to the CT and to the map.

If you ever want to revert the encounter back to it's original state as it appears in the module then find it in the encounter list and right click on it and select revert changes.

More information on encounters here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...and+Encounters

If the above doesn't answer your questions can you provide more details on the problems that you are experiencing.

Thread Information