5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 46 of 96 First ... 36444546474856 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelzar View Post
    That is what I was asking, and I thank you. We shall test this in an hour.
    Here is a good resource.

OK, first time posting, lots of questions to ask, google returns nothing and I do NOT have time to sit through 45 minutes of tutorial videos for 3 tiny unrelated things...

1, how do I enter null stats, like a mindless construct with "-" for CON and INT? they're treated as 10s, so I've been leaving them as 10s, but I don't know if there's a better way to put this in?

2, several items and abilities I've found adjust critical confirm rolls, or AC vs critical confirm rolls. is there a field where I can enter these on a character, or is this something I still have to calculate manually?

3, how do I ensure weapons with multiple damage types are being calculated against DR correctly? for instance, firearms deal piercing AND bludgeoning damage, but I'm not sure how that should be entered to parse correctly... (edit: I figured this one out with help from my players and experimentation. damage type entries in the action tab of the character sheet must be entered all lowercase, no spaces, with commas between damage types, i.e. "piercing,slashing" for a weapon that does both piercing and/or slashing damage)
    Last edited by Phistandantilus; April 26th, 2021 at 02:05. Reason: answered one myself

Hello! How do I create separate visibility masks for multiple images on one map. Is this possible?
    I see it can be done for Fx layers, where you can create a separate mask for each to show rain, water, etc. where you would like on a map.

I would like to have my base layer (ie. normal map) and then another image that has things like traps on it that I can reveal in sections to the players.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phistandantilus View Post
    OK, first time posting, lots of questions to ask, google returns nothing and I do NOT have time to sit through 45 minutes of tutorial videos for 3 tiny unrelated things...

1, how do I enter null stats, like a mindless construct with "-" for CON and INT? they're treated as 10s, so I've been leaving them as 10s, but I don't know if there's a better way to put this in?

2, several items and abilities I've found adjust critical confirm rolls, or AC vs critical confirm rolls. is there a field where I can enter these on a character, or is this something I still have to calculate manually?

3, how do I ensure weapons with multiple damage types are being calculated against DR correctly? for instance, firearms deal piercing AND bludgeoning damage, but I'm not sure how that should be entered to parse correctly... (edit: I figured this one out with help from my players and experimentation. damage type entries in the action tab of the character sheet must be entered all lowercase, no spaces, with commas between damage types, i.e. "piercing,slashing" for a weapon that does both piercing and/or slashing damage)
    What ruleset? #2 & 3 sound like PF questions, but you don't say...

#1) I just leave them at 10, but again, might be a better way depending upon what ruleset you are using.

#2) 3.x has a field on the weapon entry I believe, but not sure as I don't play it too much.

#3) I was going to say experiment, glad you have it figured out

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathian View Post
    Hello! How do I create separate visibility masks for multiple images on one map. Is this possible?
    I see it can be done for Fx layers, where you can create a separate mask for each to show rain, water, etc. where you would like on a map.

I would like to have my base layer (ie. normal map) and then another image that has things like traps on it that I can reveal in sections to the players.
    Thanks!
    I'm not a map guru, but I don't think you can have multiple visibility masks. But, you can just put your traps on a layer and make it GM visible only, then they players can't see it until/unless you make the layer visible.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

ah, sorry. Pathfinder 1e, using FG Unity.

thanks. although I still don't see anything for things like the Dwarven Boulder Helmet's +2 AC vs critical confirm rolls, and it feels like I'd need something to interject with the automatic follow-up on critical threats that FGU does...

@Phistandantilus What you are looking for are effects that are tied to items. These are all done through extensions. This thread might be one to look at, though many of the extensions might need to be updated for the newest ruleset versions: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...anced-Items-v4

Quote Originally Posted by Phistandantilus View Post

Hi. I'd seen you got some answers.

Even so, in relation to 2 and 3 you can add spells:
    - 2 : add to the pc with the helmet a spell that applies an effect that grant a -2 to the confirmation.
    - 3 : also, an effect that changes the damage type.

I have watched every video I can find on Maps. I am totally new to FG. I can share images, but maps... the icon to share never even appears! I've tried everything I can think of or look up. THe share icon simply does not appear to push the map out to the group? HELP!

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
    Last edited by physicsfaith; April 29th, 2021 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by physicsfaith View Post
    I have watched every video I can find on Maps. I am totally new to FG. I can share images, but maps... the icon to share never even appears! I've tried everything I can think of or look up. THe share icon simply does not appear to push the map out to the group? HELP!
    Every map is an image which can be shared like an image. Where are your maps located in Fantasy Grounds (they should be under 'Images' in the sidebar)?

Thread Information