5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 27 of 96 First ... 1725262728293777 ... Last
    You can go to Setting Languages and add extra languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    You can go to Setting Languages and add extra languages.
    Not sure how to get to [Setting Languages] in FGU.

I only see the [Languages] in the Options with no apparent access to root languages.

Not entirely sure what you mean by root language, but as noted above you can add your own languages to the list of available languages.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Not entirely sure what you mean by root language, but as noted above you can add your own languages to the list of available languages.
    I am trying to provide a deeper language structure: rootlanguage.JPG

For example how English is derived from Scottish...
    Last edited by Smithicus; December 2nd, 2020 at 17:25.

Blog Entries
    Yea, There is no context of root and sub-languages. You would need to write an extension if you wanted such a structure. Otherwise every language is just like every other language, they are all at the same level.

You can just do a: Slime (Primordial), Gooble (Primordial), Earthen (Primordial), etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithicus View Post
    I am trying to provide a deeper language structure:

For example how English is derived from Scottish...
    Haha

There's currently no way to have sub languages. But you could have them listed with the root in brackets perhaps (Scottish) English or dash separated. I'm not sure how that would get picked up from the character sheet; but you could experiment a bit with that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yea, There is no context of root and sub-languages. You would need to write an extension if you wanted such a structure. Otherwise every language is just like every other language, they are all at the same level.

You can just do a: Slime (Primordial), Gooble (Primordial), Earthen (Primordial), etc.
    Upon review, I noticed the fonts play a role in the "root". So maybe what I determined was a root language was simply the choice of font to display as the written language.

These are the fonts (TTF) I spotted while poking around (with an .fgf file for Common?): fontsin FGU5E.JPG

It appears I would have to generate a new TTF for each "root", if this is indeed the case.

Best for me to stick with derived languages at this moment.

Thank you both! LordEntrails and Zaccheus!

Blog Entries
    So there are 'alphabets' and 'languages'. The alphabets are represented by various fonts. And those are what are used when the language is displayed in chat. You would need an extension to add a new alphabet/font. When you define a language, you also have to assign the font it uses. But only the language is used for determining which character can read the message and who gets a translation of what was typed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

burnmelt,
    I was setting up a sorcerer last night, myself, and here is what I did that might get what you want. First, I set up a "Sorcerer Features" power group on the action tab, and then I dragged the Wild Magic Surge info from the Sorcerer class into this group. This created a "spell" that doesn't do anything, but it copies over all of the info from the class specialization, including the link to the table. Even though it doesn't do the rolls, now I can open this item from the action tab, and the table is quickly available.

FGU has the ability to import tables, but how do I export tables (to be imported in another campaign)? Are there any files that I can just copy from one campaign to another?

Thread Information