DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 96 First ... 1422232425263474 ... Last
    Unity handles images differently from Classic so you can't compare the two. In Unity you have all of your assets available when you load a campaign so that you don't need to hunt for a particular image or token from a particular module. Everything is there ready and waiting for you. This is also necessary for the map creation bit as well; you want all your assets available so that you can have as much flexibility when you are creating your maps. All of this is a significant improvement over Classic where everything is hiding in a module somewhere - if only you could remember which of the multiple modules containing tokens the one you are looking for resides.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    This really isn't the thread to debate design decisions made by the developers.

Personally I'm not thrilled with Asset management either and its why I have not yet loaded my tens of thousands of assets into FGU. But this is not the place for the discussion. (Nor does every decision made by the developers need to be debated ad nauseum.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Would it be possible to have a GM key that restricts player movement through walls and such the same way the clients are restricted. I occasionally have to drag a PC around to update player's party vision and I don't want to accidentally move through a wall.

The Alt key would be a good choice since it is used during token locking to mimic player movement.

Hold down SHIFT whilst you drag a token over the map and it will not show the LoS. See video two linked in the first post of this thread.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

- Is there a way/shortcut to nudge the grid more than one pixel at a time, as in holding down the mouse-button instead of having to click,click,click?

- Are campaigns officially allowed to be loaded/imported back to Classic once they were converted saved to Unity? I just accidentally did that and now all PF2 action symbols are preceded by (Unicode?) garbled symbols on the Action tab in both FGC and FGU. Deleting and dragging spells anew to the Action tab solves this (apart from the manual work).

There is no way to adjust the grid other than by mouse, by pixel or by tenth of a pixel (all using the grid mode of the image data control).

FGU campaigns can not be loaded by FGC; and will corrupt the data. FGC and FGU should be installed in different folders; as they do by default.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the quick answers.

What I meant about the grip is a way to hold down the mouse-button on the nudge controls to keep nudging the grid. I wondered if there was a way to do so that I missed, because I just tried to place a grid on a large image and thus had to click many times to place the grid.

I suspected that loading the FGU campaign into FGC corrupts the files, but wasn't sure if this was officially supported or not. Time to restore the backup.

@Weissrolf, would you be open to receiving some tips and help from me? Meaning, I would be willing to go over some things with you. If you do not have the time or desire to do so, that is okay. I would love to go through some of the FG interface and changes with you.

Sincerely,
    FGC Laerun

https://discordapp.com/invite/Ew6nYyw
    https://fantasygroundscollege.net/
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

That's a very nice offer. I suspect that we are in different time-zones, but I can come around to the Discord when time allows.

Two questions:

- Is it correct that LoS and drawing cannot be map to snap-to-grid?

- Drawing lines at 0.1 are still quite thick. They can be made thinner by using something like 0.02, but the results can be funky. So is 0.1 thickness officially the minimum supported?

Bonus question: Where are we supposed to post feature requests for FGU? In the House of Healing or in the Tavern?

Thread Information