Starfinder Playlist
Page 23 of 96 First ... 1321222324253373 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeDodger View Post
    FGC to FGU conversion Q: with the new image handling is there any way to replace an image with an updated one (I added more details) and have the LoS/walls stay in place? Or if you update an image in FGU do you need to start-over and rebuilding the LoS?
    If the original image is in your campaign's images folder then you can simply overwrite it. As long as the dimensions are the same, when you load FGU and open the image it will show the new version.

Oh! I had disconnected doing anything manual with the images folder thinking I needed to use the import process to have it find images - but I guess it's more akin to FGC after the initial import (I can just swap an identically-sized image). Will give this a try today - thanks.

- How to limit LOS to character/NPC vision. Example: darkvision 60 ft.

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    That is not currently possible.

It is on the roadmap though.

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    You can sort of do it if you use the mask as well; and just unmask the area that a character could see. A lot of work though with very little return.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

How can I hide token and image assets of modules I did not load? The assets window is getting crowded with all the rulebooks and campaign modules installed (but not loaded).

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    How can I hide token and image assets of modules I did not load? The assets window is getting crowded with all the rulebooks and campaign modules installed (but not loaded).
    You can't. Unity loads up all of the assets you have in all modules whether open or not. That's kinda the point.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The point of what, I wonder?!

The Assets window is inconvenient to navigate as it is, with is unwieldy left/right arrows and laaaarge bag symbols for simple sub-folders. Seems like we need an Assets load/unload mechanics similar to modules.

If you are adding your own assets, you can create folders to help narrow your assets down into collections or subfolders, and name the folders aptly so they will appear in the beginning of your assets list instead of buried in the rest.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Compared to FGC this is still quite convoluted. FGC allows to:

- Load/unload token modules as you see fit! This is the functionality I was looking for in FGU, both for less clutter and quicker load times.

- Scroll via mouse-wheel instead of having to click on arrows.

- Zoom in/out is directly accessible via directly accessible buttons or right-click menu instead of being buried in another sub-menu of the right-click menu. List View is useless, better use the space to +/- buttons.

- Set up favorite token folders to quickly navigate directly to, instead of having to walk through a convoluted tree of icons and arrows.

Thread Information