DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 96 First ... 1018192021223070 ... Last
    Added a new video linked in the first post showcasing the new table import feature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

- How do I drag effects to PC/NPCs as being visible only to the GM (any modifier key)? I know that I can switch visibility afterwards, but then the players already the effect popping up in the CT.

- How does GM/PC remove all/multiple effects from a PC/NPC at once?

- How does GM/PC remove a single effect from multiple targets (like the bard removing an Inspire Courage effect from the whole party)?

- How does the GM/PC target a PC/NPC for effects on their shortcut bar?

When the GM clicks on an effect in the Effects window it gets applied to the currently active PC/NPC by said PC/NPC. But when a GM clicks on an effect via their a keyboard shortcar/bar then the effect is not applied to anyone. Drag & drop from the shortcut bar does work, though.

Same problem for players. When they use an effect via shortcut then it does not target anyone, neither themselves nor their current target. We tried to set up a "Shield raised" effect and it works via Effects window, but not via shortcut (unless dragged & dropped).
    Last edited by Weissrolf; November 16th, 2020 at 01:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    - How do I drag effects to PC/NPCs as being visible only to the GM (any modifier key)? I know that I can switch visibility afterwards, but then the players already the effect popping up in the CT.

- How does GM/PC remove all/multiple effects from a PC/NPC at once?

- How does GM/PC remove a single effect from multiple targets (like the bard removing an Inspire Courage effect from the whole party)?
    1. Create the effect in the effects dialog and click the small eye icon next to the line to make it invisible. When thhe effect is placed on the character it will not then show to the players on the CT.

2. Effects are removed one at a time.

3. There's no multiple deselect. You have to remove them one at a time.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So for the built-in effects I first have to drag them to the Custom field and then make them invisible. Would be nice to get a keyboard modifier for that as a QoL improvement.

Concerning multiple deselect, I will try to program a toggle effect using an extension then, similar to how we implemented Mirror Images as a toggle action.

Thanks for the quick answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    - How does the GM/PC target a PC/NPC for effects on their shortcut bar?

When the GM clicks on an effect in the Effects window it gets applied to the currently active PC/NPC by said PC/NPC. But when a GM clicks on an effect via their a keyboard shortcar/bar then the effect is not applied to anyone. Drag & drop from the shortcut bar does work, though.

Same problem for players. When they use an effect via shortcut then it does not target anyone, neither themselves nor their current target. We tried to set up a "Shield raised" effect and it works via Effects window, but not via shortcut (unless dragged & dropped).
    I suspect because there's no targeting information contained in the effects dialog. An effect dragged from the actions tab of a character to the quickbar works fine and the only difference is that it will have targeting info in the effect.

But when I click on an effect in the Effects window it does target the caster at least. Only once it is dragged to a shortcut button does it lose all target information.

Would be useful if the Effects window offered the same Self/Target button that the Action tab offers.

There was a time when "alt + effect" placed the effect on the current actor's target.

I've been bringing up the loss for some time now with the author of the Gurps ruleset. I did not realize that it was a more global issue.

It takes a lot of time to search for and apply effects to NPCs (goblin #12 ...) when there are a large amount of actors in the combat tracker.

is there a way in Tomb of Annihilation to uncover individual hexes on the player map of Chult as the players make progress through the jungle?

How do I update Classic to Unity? I bought it already, but how to update?

Thread Information