Starfinder Playlist
Page 10 of 95 First ... 891011122060 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Is there a way to limit the length of LOS to the vision capability of player characters in a game system - eg 5e with 60ft dark vision or carrying a torch with 30ft or similar?
    Similarly can you define a map to be dark, in daylight or artificially lit in areas?
    Unfortunately no, to both questions. It’s #2, I think, on the wishlist? I don’t think they are planning to even start on that stuff until after fg releases out of beta, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Is there a way to limit the length of LOS to the vision capability of player characters in a game system - eg 5e with 60ft dark vision or carrying a torch with 30ft or similar?
    Similarly can you define a map to be dark, in daylight or artificially lit in areas?
    There is a feature request here for this: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40907

Edit some effects in a Module that I made.

I was trying out effects coding and saved them as a module.

I realised that I made some errors.

How can I edit the contents of the module that I created?

I was trying to emulate some standard actions like Dodge, Help Hide, etc.

I think I screwed up by making them abilities rather than spells, so no other campaign or player character can see them

But short of just re-creating them again, there doesn't seem to be a way to edit inside FGU?

Am I missing something?

You'll need to go back into the campaign you created them in and edit them there - then export again to the same module. As you say you'll need to create them as spells or create them in the action tab of a dummy PC or create them in the effects dialog - all of which you can then export.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

How do I prevent LOS data being lost when moving tokens between maps?

Quote Originally Posted by SirGunther View Post
    How do I prevent LOS data being lost when moving tokens between maps?
    I don't think you can. The LoS is determined by the position of the token. If you remove the token from the map then there's nothing to calculate the LoS from.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

A couple of new videos added - setting ap and using a power group and creating effects for racial traits. Links in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don't think you can. The LoS is determined by the position of the token. If you remove the token from the map then there's nothing to calculate the LoS from.
    I guess what I really mean is, when my players explore a map, they reveal what they have already explored. If they leave that map and go to another, when they come back to the first map, everything they had previously explored is gone. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? What they do now is move their tokens all over the map where they remember having been, but that's a pain and has other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGunther View Post
    I guess what I really mean is, when my players explore a map, they reveal what they have already explored. If they leave that map and go to another, when they come back to the first map, everything they had previously explored is gone. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? What they do now is move their tokens all over the map where they remember having been, but that's a pain and has other problems.
    As far as I know there is currently no workaround. I think the LoS gets resetted when readding the tokens That explains the behaviour you're observing

Blog Entries
    Nope, right now, each token only has one LOS history, and that is for the current map only. So once you move them to a different map, they lose all previous LOS history.

It's one reason I use single map images for multi-level locations.

But, anyway, you can always add a request to the wishlist. Maybe the last 5 maps or something as you would not want it to be all maps as that could get pretty large.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information