FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 96 First ... 9101112132161 ... Last
    Three new videos added; all about adding Line of Sight.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Lock token movement in 5e?
    Or is that no longer a thing we do?
    All the searches turn up how to do it in Classic from what I can see.
    If that is no longer a thing, how do I map out and measure distance that isn't a straight line targeting line?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Lock token movement in 5e?
    Or is that no longer a thing we do?
    All the searches turn up how to do it in Classic from what I can see.
    If that is no longer a thing, how do I map out and measure distance that isn't a straight line targeting line?
    Token locking is not implemented in FGU. It is planned for sometime after full release.

In the meantime you can; estimate, count squares, or use multiple straight pointers.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I can delete an entry in the group, but I'm now stuck with two extra groups with nothing in them.

I can find no way to delete the title and remove the division bar from the character sheet for these two groups.

What have I missed?

I assume you mean Power Groups? And not groups in like story groups of NPC groups.

If so click the edit button at the bottom right of the actions tab and then click on the red minus sign that will appear next to the heading of the power groups you want to remove. (This will only apper if the power group is nothing more than a title).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I assume you mean Power Groups? And not groups in like story groups of NPC groups.

If so click the edit button at the bottom right of the actions tab and then click on the red minus sign that will appear next to the heading of the power groups you want to remove. (This will only appear if the power group is nothing more than a title).
    Yes, sorry for not being clear Power Groups is what I was referring to.

See, that's the problem - there is NO little red delete icon.

Here's a screen shot:-
    Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 7.39.47 pm.png

There is no magnifier, no delete. Clicking on it to expand or contract does nothing other than switch text from white to black. clicking the green add item button adds a new blank entry, but deleting that does not affect the "Powers" empty group

Double check you have nothing actually in the POWERS group. In edit mode you get the green + sign when there is already something inside the group. When the group is empty (that is you have deleted any lines inside the power group) you should get the red delete button.

If there is nothing there then I'd report this as an issue in the Beta test thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Double check you have nothing actually in the POWERS group. In edit mode you get the green + sign when there is already something inside the group. When the group is empty (that is you have deleted any lines inside the power group) you should get the red delete button.

If there is nothing there then I'd report this as an issue in the Beta test thread.
    Yeah, as I mentioned - the function of the green "Add Item" or right clicking and selecting from the menu has no effect on adding or deleting.

I get to report a bug!

Cool

Helping improve things AND confirming that I'm not going crazy at the same time.

Win-win

Thanks for the help

in 5e

How do I...

-extend the reach for a player character using a polearm - I mean other than the DM manually altering it on the combat tracker?

-code for the expending of spell slot to do the extra damage from a Warlock Eldritch Smite capability - the per level of spell slot in particular?

i've got Rob2e effects packs, but the smite for Eldritch ain't there
    Last edited by Reg; August 4th, 2020 at 15:22.

The only way to extend the reach is to adjust the reach in the Combat Tracker by changing the 5 to a 10.

There are two ways to do extra damage (assuming that the extra damage is just extra dice of the same type as the spell being cast). The first is to create a new line for each possible variation (so 2d6 at level 1, 3d6 at level 2 or whatever). The second is instead of double clicking the damage; click on it and hold and then drag the damage dice. Right click to add more dice until you get the correct amount and then drop that onto the target either on the token or on the Combat Tracker.

Thread Information