5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 25 of 96 First ... 1523242526273575 ... Last
    1) No there's no snap to grid for LoS.
    2) AFAIK thickness can be set to 2 decimal places (but the second one isn't displayed I think)
    3) Suggestions go in the Wish List - link in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, 2 decimal places, but it's quirky at best and always jumps back to 0.1 (and pencil tool) when you switch the tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    1) No there's no snap to grid for LoS.
    2) AFAIK thickness can be set to 2 decimal places (but the second one isn't displayed I think)
    3) Suggestions go in the Wish List - link in my signature.
    To 1): You can use the arrow keys to move along the map (it jumps per square as long as you do not click Alt (?)) With space you can set nodes without finish, with enter you can place a node and finishe and with ESC you just finish With that one has some sort of grid snapping

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hold down SHIFT whilst you drag a token over the map and it will not show the LoS. See video two linked in the first post of this thread.
    Actually I wanted to mimic player movement. The token picks up any line-of-site data during the move, but it cannot pass through obstacles. So I can drag it to quickly recreate LOS for where the party has been since I can see where the map goes and they cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Actually I wanted to mimic player movement. The token picks up any line-of-site data during the move, but it cannot pass through obstacles. So I can drag it to quickly recreate LOS for where the party has been since I can see where the map goes and they cannot.
    Hold down ALT before you start the first move and then do an end point and then continue the movement without holding ALT. You can then 'approve' the move. Basically you mimic the player movement.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Been playing with this and assuming this is DM-only - but wondered if there is a way to tweak it (is it snap-to-grid setting)?
    Grid is applied, and using alt+arrow keys to move a token around to check LoS.

When I tried moving through a wall (i.e. moving 20' when a wall is 10' away) is does stop LoS and movement - but the token stops half-way through the wall/cell instead of being wholly blocked - is this a DM-only sort of thing? Or some combo with the snap-to-setup?

ScreenshotALT+ArrowMovement.png
    ScreenshotAPPROVEDMovement.png

Also (having just discovered this as I was working a map converted from 10 ft/sq to 5ft/sq - many of the doors I setup were mid-square (so a gridline run through the center of the door). I assume I know the answer - but for movement to be allowed, if a gridline runs through the center of the door, I need to set the door occluder to be more the 50% the width on either side of the gridline to permit movement to pass through? Wondering if it's that specific a % (when I kept the occluder matching just the door image it would block movement until I made the door wider).
    Last edited by BronzeDodger; November 27th, 2020 at 20:25.

Which files do I have to remove to get rid of the PF Playtest modules?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Which files do I have to remove to get rid of the PF Playtest modules?
    I suspect they will be in the vault, no idea what the file names are.

You know they will reinstall next time you update right?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I feared so. Most people are never gonna need those modules again, so they are more of a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I feared so. Most people are never gonna need those modules again, so they are more of a nuisance.
    I agree. Best move them out of the PFRPG2 dataset to its own.

Thread Information