STAR TREK 2d20
Page 82 of 96 First ... 3272808182838492 ... Last
    Thanks Zacchaeus,
    The first question was more about an item, parcel, or location link that don't seem to get suppressed. Minor thing, it all works fine. Just a bit redundant.
    On my second question...
    I guess that I wasn't effectively describing the situation. I have one story template that draws on the same multi-column table four times. The results parsed from column 1 are ALWAYS different (working as expected). The results from columns 2-5 are identical for all four table rolls. It appears that the results for the first table roll is stored and displayed (as expected), but the subsequent tables don't get stored and are therefore replaced with the data from the first roll on the table.

Thanks again, and sorry about the wierdness
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

I think I might need screenshots of the template and the table so that I can maybe work out what’s going on. I think what you are trying to do might be possible.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My GOD Zacchaeus! Do you sleep?!
    Here you go. I hope this is clear enough to see what havoc I'm trying accomplish.

Thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Weepdrag; February 7th, 2023 at 16:22. Reason: added sample table
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    I'm pretty sure sometimes he goes to the pub...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Is there a way of utomating the transfer of text from a character's sheet to chat?

This would be handy for sharing the text of spell descriptions, special abilities and the like

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Is there a way of utomating the transfer of text from a character's sheet to chat?

This would be handy for sharing the text of spell descriptions, special abilities and the like
    Not without an extension. damned did this one for just that purpose https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/549/view
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    Here you go. I hope this is clear enough to see what havoc I'm trying accomplish.

Thanks again
    That looks ok to me; I'm not sure what the -r is for on each line. But the output seems to be working. I think I'm still missing your point though.Are you using the CoS tables as they are in the module or have you re-written those?

Thanks Zacchaeus, If you look at the "Trouble Template and Result" only the values for column 1 on all rolls returns a different value than the first roll on the template, the other values for the second and third rolls are identical to the first. This was created using a modified version of the original CoS tables from the module. The -r is just my notation that I'm working with the "revised" tables (nasty programming habit of keeping originals intact )
    The "My Solution" images are from my "work-around" and they actually do work well but not a very elegant solution, using multiple iterations of the tables and calling them seperately.
    Thanks again

Ok, I see where your issue is now (sorry I hadn't had any coffee before I read your post this morning).

I'm not sure that you can do what you want to do. See my screenshot below. A simple two column table with different values gets called twice by the same template. As you can see the reulst are different for each time it is called; but the 'remembered' values are only those for the first roll. So it looks like that the template only remembers and stores the first roll and doesn't replace those with the values for any subsequent rolls on the same table.

Now, I'm no expert on the way story templates now work. The only person who seems to know that is the author of the original extension which was incorporated into FGU. You may be able to get some more insight by posting in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ion-for-Unity). Maybe reading through some of the stuff there might help. It's all pretty dense reading I'm afraid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello all,
    Is there a proper way to extract a .MOD to re-create a functioning Campaign Folder? If so, what files need to be created in addition to those in the .MOD?

I can't find my original campaign folder and need to make extensive changes to the .MOD.

Thanks in advance

Thread Information