FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Slayer Effect

Slayer Effect

Does anyone know how to code the effect for 'Studied Target'?

Also, for a rogue, there is 'Trap Finder' which pulls half of the rogues level. Does FG have provisions for calculating half of a rogues level and applying that as a bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    Does anyone know how to code the effect for 'Studied Target'?

Also, for a rogue, there is 'Trap Finder' which pulls half of the rogues level. Does FG have provisions for calculating half of a rogues level and applying that as a bonus?
    What does the former do?

For reading out half of a level, see: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Specific-Notes (scroll down a lot, the linkt directly to that section does somehow not work completely). So, you could put up a separate spell/action class for your rogue actions and the CL would be the rogue level By using [HCL] in effects you can use the half of the corresponding level as a bonus (here the rouge level)

Most of studied target cannot be automated as you are dealing with skill checks versus a specific creature which the rule set doesn't handle. There is a work around for it. You would probably have to use two effects.

One would be a custom effect called "Studied Target" and would be placed upon your target.

The second effect would be placed upon the PC. IFT: CUSTOM(Studied Target); ATK: 1; DMG: 1; SKILL: 1 bluff, knowledge, perception, sense motive, survival

As you level, change out the 1s with 2s and so on. Once again, you most likely will not get the bonuses to the skill checks as you cannot target skill checks. The skill line is mostly just for reminder.

For the the other effect, Kelrugem probably has an easy way of doing it as keeping all related clas skills in their own sheet is a great way of doing things. If you dont go that route, just make an effect "Trapfinding; SKILL: X perception" and replace X with what the number should be. If you keep your skills in their own spell class, you could then use "Trapfinding; SKILL: [HCL] perception"
    Last edited by Blahness98; April 7th, 2020 at 19:22.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I ve got a Slayer in my group , I Use the IFT as Blahness98 , it works fine.
    I put a slayer effect in the action tab with a spontaneus spell caster
    and I insert the effect into the manifying glass

It s in french but you can put in english like Blahness do.
    don t forget the "target"button for studied target and the "self" for IFT

slayer capture.JPG
    Last edited by jeje59; April 8th, 2020 at 21:00.

Thread Information