FG Spreadshirt Swag

Looking for Creating Modules Tutorial

So I am running SWADE, but in a home brew world with of course some custom skills, edges, hindrances, powers.

I am interested in creating a module for this extra stuff, that can be then shared with the players so they can see the descriptions/effects for those things. Are there any tutorials or anything on how I would go about doing that?

Right now if I just add a new edge or something, when the players click on it the description is blank.

I am running a FGU Ultimate as the DM, and my players are just running demo versions.

Thanks

Panzermeyer

One of the videos in this list shows how to export to a module. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l-Video-Series
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for that video link Zacchaeus. That was exactly what I needed.

Is there a way to hide/delete a skill/item from other modules?

Like I am in a fantasy setting and would like to remove Electronics as a skill. But this is part of the SWADE Player Guide, is there a way to suppress/hide that, so when my players get the content loaded from me, their Skills section will appear without Electronics?

You would need use the Enhanced Library extension (second sticky at the top of the forum) to create your own Player Guide module, then make that and not the SWADE PG module available to your players in the library. I've done this several times because I always tend to customize the skill list based on the setting, although I tend to run modern and sci fi instead of fantasy, so it's usually stuff like Riding that I'm pulling out, and Gambling since that's rarely a feature of the settings I run. Creating your own PG also lets you control any of the other aspects like Edges/Hindrances and of course gear/items (you don't need machine guns for fantasy). Many published settings will just say in the text which Edges/Hindrances from core are not used, but of course there is no way for FG to enforce that unless you put in the work. Using the EL extension, it's pretty much drag and drop. Tedious, but definitely doable. Otherwise, you have to do the same thing you would do at a real table and just advise players not to bother putting points into Electronics, then double check their character sheets to make sure they were paying attention.

Thread Information