FG Spreadshirt Swag

Unity or Classic - I am about to take the plunge

Hi all,

I am about to take the plunge and purchase the membership (monthly) for now, but providing all goes well will just subscribe permanently. I will be getting a couple of the modules as well.

I really like the looks of Unity, but will my players and I be able to use it fully for our game next week? It does not matter if there are a few bugs, but seems pointless buying classic if Unity is pretty much there.

It also will be dependent on UI. I did show my players the little extra features available on FG and they are all keen to start using it. For all 7 of them, this will be their first time of using FG.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated - I look forward to hearing from you. I am buying today to ensure that I can crack on with everything.

Many thanks

Hi !
    As you seem to opt for the monthly subscription, I'd take FGC for a few months. When FGU is stablilized, you'll have enough feedback to choose...
    Only my advice...
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

I agree with dragonheels.

Any products bought for FG Classic will work with FG Unity, no need to re-purchase. So go with what's stable now and then swap when FGU has got over it's initial teething problems with connections in the currently overloaded environment.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is the UI similar in both Unity and Classic? I have a feeling that the Demo account I downloaded may relate to Unity rather than Classic

Quote Originally Posted by CarlDiceSaloon View Post
    Is the UI similar in both Unity and Classic?
    Yes.

The only big difference is images. Everything else (other than the new lobby for joining the game) is essentially the same.

You won't waste time getting to know FG Classic before you move to FG Unity.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you, I am starting to get everything together today for my players. One of them has kindly gifted the PHB so just need to buy the SKT module as that is what we are currently running. Is there anything else people would suggest purchasing?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlDiceSaloon View Post
    Is there anything else people would suggest purchasing?
    If you're going to run SKT pretty much as is then you won't need anything else. If you plan to add side quests or ad hoc encounters then you may want to consider getting the MM - although a lot of creatures are in the SRD (but no nice graphics or tokens). If you want to throw in some magic items etc. from outside of SKT then the DMG might be of use.

Blog Entries
    The only addition I will add in the FGC vs FGU decision is this; Do you have users who only have a Mac running Catalina O/S? If yes, then you won't be able to use FGC unless that person can setup a Windows virtual machine that allows 32 bit applications to run.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonheels View Post
    Hi !
    As you seem to opt for the monthly subscription, I'd take FGC for a few months. When FGU is stablilized, you'll have enough feedback to choose...
    Only my advice...
    I agree with this

Thread Information