DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 21 First ... 1018192021 Last
    I use the Age of Ashes theme, and with the latest update, I get errors on loading:

[ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/lighting_day.png) for icon (lighting_day). [PFRPG2.Theme.Age.of.Ashes.v4] [updated_icons.xml]
    [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/lighting_night.png) for icon (lighting_night). [PFRPG2.Theme.Age.of.Ashes.v4] [updated_icons.xml]
    [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/lighting_fire.png) for icon (lighting_fire). [PFRPG2.Theme.Age.of.Ashes.v4] [updated_icons.xml]
    [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/lighting_forest.png) for icon (lighting_forest). [PFRPG2.Theme.Age.of.Ashes.v4] [updated_icons.xml]

I also use the Dark theme and it does not have these issues.
    [WARNING] Could not load script file (PFRPG2) (list) (campaign/scripts/charselect_local_list.lua)
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/sasmira_chat.lua"]:14: attempt to call field 'registerLaunchMessage' (a nil value)

Hi Sasmira,

Happy new year.

I'm using PFRPG2.Theme.Sword.and.Sorcery.V4 and after the latest update of FGU I have following error message :

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/sasmira_chat.lua"]:14: attempt to call field 'registerLaunchMessage' (a nil value).

This has a impact on the design of right panel (and maybe more).
    Is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Engelmann View Post
    Hi Sasmira,

Happy new year.

I'm using PFRPG2.Theme.Sword.and.Sorcery.V4 and after the latest update of FGU I have following error message :

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/sasmira_chat.lua"]:14: attempt to call field 'registerLaunchMessage' (a nil value).

This has a impact on the design of right panel (and maybe more).
    Is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks
    Regards

I PM'ed Sasmira and they don't support this any more. Hopefully, someone else with the technical know-how can tell us how this can be fixed.

So I'm not smart enough to know how to fix this, but I know the following:

The error in script execution does NOT have an effect on the right panel. It DOES prevent a separate licensing message "Theme PFRPG2 for Fantasy Grounds by Sasmira. Private usage and no commercial. Theme extension for CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, 5E, PFRPG and PFRPG2 rulesets" from appearing. This is common across all of Samsira's themes. However, that's the only thing that error stops. You can stop that error from coming up by commenting out, or removing, the line in extension.xml that calls the lua script.

The theming on the right changed with a recent FGU update, and the code in WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE updated_buttons.xml likely needs changing. At the very least the buttons have been renamed in FGU and likely need to be figured out. You may be able to work this out with one of the themes that ships with FGU in graphics_icons.xml (I was perusing Theme_SWU.ext).

You can open .ext files with 7-zip, which is open source.

This is about the extent of my knowledge in the matter, and about the extent of effort I'm going to be able to put into it. I'm no programmer, but I was futzing around in 2020 when they added a button to the sidebar and figured out how to make it work.

Also to adhere to the license, If you want to take on the project and distribute an end product, you should get Samsira's blessing/permission, as his license says "private use."
    Last edited by bigdummy; January 20th, 2022 at 01:19.

I've done some noodling and here is how I got rid of the errors.

In extension.xml, remove the lines below:
    <!-- Custom script to add abilities to object tables -->
    <script name="Sasmirachat" file="scripts/sasmira_chat.lua"/>
    In updated_icons.xml, remove the lines below:
    <!-- Lighting -->
    <icon name="lighting_day" file="graphics/icons/lighting_day.png"/>
    <icon name="lighting_night" file="graphics/icons/lighting_night.png"/>
    <icon name="lighting_fire" file="graphics/icons/lighting_fire.png"/>
    <icon name="lighting_forest" file="graphics/icons/lighting_forest.png"/>
    I had trouble with seeing the extension in FGU after re-zipping and changing the file extension to ".ext", but it works fine if you just have the files uncompressed in a new subfolder of the extensions folder.

Can I install themes without a license? I don't see any place to put an ext file or a mod file

Quote Originally Posted by Berrik View Post
    Can I install themes without a license? I don't see any place to put an ext file or a mod file
    Yes you can. See information on the various FG data files here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...iew#Extensions

Also note that the extensions in this thread may not work that well - there's been a few FG updates since they were created and so may not be 100% compatible now.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 15th, 2022 at 14:46.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What if you are just a player? Can only the GM change the theme? Or are themes separate for each individual’s version of FG? I should have phrased my question better.

Quote Originally Posted by Berrik View Post
    What if you are just a player? Can only the GM change the theme? Or are themes separate for each individual’s version of FG? I should have phrased my question better.
    The GM sets the extensions that are automatically loaded by everyone. Themes are extensions, so the GM sets the theme for all.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The GM sets the extensions that are automatically loaded by everyone. Themes are extensions, so the GM sets the theme for all.
    Ah ok, thanks for your help. I wish players had a little more control over their ui individually I’d almost be willing to pay for the license just for the ability to do what I want with it. Maybe in the future…

Thread Information