DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Player getting BSOD using NVidia Video Card

One of my players has an NVidia GeForce GT 525M and after updating everything on Windows 10 and FGU he started getting Blue Screened when connecting to my game (private cloud hosted game).

He switched to his integrated Intel graphics and was able to connect, though performance wasn’t great.

Blog Entries
    Can you have your player check that he has updated his graphics card driver? And if so, what version he is running?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think I may be having this same issue, I just bought a new computer and I can't seem to get into fantasy grounds Unity when I'm connecting to the DMs game (or any game for that matter). When ever I try to join it downloads the files and then joins the game and I get a blue screen without any graphics. I have the Demo version and I just updated to game ready driver version 466.47 and Studio driver Version 462.59 (whatever that means). Any ideas what I can do to fix this. I have my logs compiled if that would help. Here is a image of the screen. Attachment 47130

I cannot see your screen shot, it needs to be approved first.

However, Blue Screens are almost always hardware related.

Sometimes updating drivers can fix blue screens, but not always, sometimes it is a fundamental hardware issue.

Have a look at the blue screen message and plug the info into your favorite search engine, and you might come up with something that will help. However, don't just jump on the first link you find, read a few of the results and then decide what to apply.

Blog Entries
    MOD: attachment is approved but still invalid. Please try uploading it again.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    MOD: attachment is approved but still invalid. Please try uploading it again.
    Screenshot (24).png
    Attached Images Attached Images

From seeing that previously, you need to install the .NET 4.0 framework (I think)

You can get it from Microsoft.

I cannot find the correct post now though. I know this exact issue has come up before.

NOTE: What you are seeing is not a BSOD. A BSOD is a hard stop on your computer requiring a reboot to clear it (Windows will usually do this for you).

This is a BSOD:

Something is either interfering with the graphics loading library files that are part of FGU; or it is making the image files invalid.

Given the new information, I would look at your security software as well, to make sure that the Fantasy Grounds Updater communication is not being blocked or modified. Since the FG Updater uses HTTPS for communications, you might want to make sure you don't have any Internet filtering (such as ad blocking, etc.) or parental controls set up as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information