FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheAvatar View Post
    I tested it, and using the style aMatrix[x] = aMatrix[y] works. But if you do not like this then I will update the code and duplicate the arrays.
    Not sure how it's working properly.

DataCommonADND.nDefaultTurnUndeadMaxHD is 14;

Code:
        for i=1, nMaxTurnHD,1 do
          local rTurn = {};
          local nTurnValue = DataCommonADND.aTurnUndead[nClericLevel][i];
    That will flip through array[Cleric Level][Rank] where Rank is 1 to 14. The only valid entry would be 1 with those arrays you had.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Not sure how it's working properly.

DataCommonADND.nDefaultTurnUndeadMaxHD is 14;

Code:
        for i=1, nMaxTurnHD,1 do
          local rTurn = {};
          local nTurnValue = DataCommonADND.aTurnUndead[nClericLevel][i];
    That will flip through array[Cleric Level][Rank] where Rank is 1 to 14. The only valid entry would be 1 with those arrays you had.
    Okay, I am not sure if I got your issue.

BECMI has 14 entries in the turn table:
    turn table.jpg

I set nDefaultTurnUndeadMaxHD to 14 as the comment ("this is actually the number of turn_name_index entries") suggested.
    I created 36 entries in aTurnUndead, one for each Clerice Level (as improvement goes up to level 33/36).
    Each entry has an array with 14 entries, one for each type of undead.

I looked at your turn table, it has 14 lines (one for each turn improvement/cleric level) and 13 colums (one for each undead type).

So, what is the problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are right, you're just referencing a array value and using it. What you've done isn't incorrect I just saw "different" and assumed it was a single value. I shouldn't scan as quickly as I did.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You are right, you're just referencing a array value and using it. What you've done isn't incorrect I just saw "different" and assumed it was a single value. I shouldn't scan as quickly as I did.
    No worries. It is a bit hard to understand what I was doing. Clever, maybe, but hard to read. I did another commit and replaced everything with proper arrays.

@Flynn:
    Do you plan to release an extension/module with monsters, items, etc? Or maybe even a full ruleset?
    Dark Dungeon (not the new X edition) is functionally identical to Rules cyclopedia while OSE (Old School Essentials) is the same as B/X, but they shouldn't have any problem attached to implement them on FG.
    I admit I would buy a b/x or, even better, an RC ruleset in a heartbeat

Cheers
    Last edited by Asterionaisien; June 21st, 2020 at 08:52.
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    @Flynn:
    Do you plan to release an extension/module with monsters, items, etc? Or maybe even a full ruleset?
    Dark Dungeon (not the new X edition) is functionally identical to Rules cyclopedia while OSE (Old School Essentials) is the same as B/X, but they shouldn't have any problem attached to implement them on FG.
    I admit I would buy a b/x or, even better, an RC ruleset in a heartbeat
    I am sorry to disappoint you. But no, I do not have a plan to release anything. I just stumbled on this thread because I tried to run the solo adventure of the Basic Set (red) with the help of Fantasy Grounds.

Currently I am entering all classes, items and spells from the Basic Set to check if the extension is working correctly. If I am done, I might take a look at B/X and/or 0e and create a basic extension for that. I have no plans to do something more than create the extensions and creating some modules for private use.

Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheAvatar View Post
    I have no plans to do something more than create the extensions and creating some modules for private use.

I was thinking of working on a full ruleset when I saw this thread today.

Thread Information