5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Current Playability?

So, I have a group that just wants to play. I really want to try out unity, but they aren't interested if it's not in a playable state yet. I have an ultimate license for both the unity and non-unity versions.

So, while I'd love to test this out, just how playable is it? If it's having minor issues I can probably deal with that, but if there are some major issues still, then I will have to stick with the original product. So I just wanted to ask, for those of you who are currently using the Unity version, just how playable is it?

It is Beta.

What exactly is the question?

We created 4 chars simultaneously yesterday in an online session of Traveller. Was a good experience. Still there have been some minor issues. But everyone has different expections, of what a Beta is and what is "playable", so there's that.
    We where happy with FGU.

My game crashes when someone tries to join

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    It is Beta.

What exactly is the question?

We created 4 chars simultaneously yesterday in an online session of Traveller. Was a good experience. Still there have been some minor issues. But everyone has different expections, of what a Beta is and what is "playable", so there's that.
    We where happy with FGU.
    What Beornski said is a prime example of what is playable. Can you play it with minor issues, or are the issues significant enough that the game can't really be played with any reasonable expectations. I understand its a beta, but some betas are more tenable than others.

As I said, I played with four others. One of these had trouble joining. He needed five attempts until he could join. Then it worked fine
    Two of my players experienced lags (i.e. when moving a window), but could still play.
    I had some sudden stops (single lag for a few seconds) when rolling dice, resulting in me klicking the button a few times impatiently, resulting in a few dice-rolls a few seconds later.

That were our problems.

We will play next saturday and I will post our experience here as well.

Most of my friends have good internet connections (infrastructire is very good in Austria), with only one using an LTE connection (this one experiencing the strongest lag-problems -- dummo if this is by accident or due to a systematic problem that has to do with bandwidth.

So what can I say. I knock on wood, that a good gaming experience like this is the norm. But as this is a Beta, I do not expect it to be.

I play w/ FGU on a rather old iMac as the GM machine, two more Macs connecting locally, and two more players (Windows) connecting remotely. This is a LAN game. So far we've had no significant issues.

I was able to play a session on the 3rd of April. We only encounter a program hang issue when we had LOS enabled and a token was moved. So we disabled it and moved on. It did not stop the fun.

I ran a couple of different groups with five players each over the week, without any major issues or any connectivity problems.

There are a few times when FGU will freeze up and become unresponsive for a while, along with some minor things here and there.
    That aside, as long as your players connect directly using a LAN connection (Lobby for connections is having some problems atm) things should be good overall.

ps. Make sure you set up port forwarding for UDP, port 1802 on your router.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

I just pushed a new build for FGU that helps with connection and data transmission issues.

This will not help with hanging/locking issues. If the issue is opening lists with thousands of items, then we are aware of that issue. If it's something else, then we need to get a copy of the zipped up campaign sent to [email protected], so we can investigate. Please provide any details you have on the issue you are seeing.

Regards,
    JPG

When is the ETA for the official release of Unity, guys?

Thread Information