FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Blog Entries
    BBSE has not yet been updated to the new AB functions in the 5.4.1+ ruleset. I'll hop on that immediately so it gets pushed next Tuesday.

Now I see why you're known as a Celestial Paragon.
    That would be awesome, thanks,

Caratacus

Hello...I know this isn't a rules forum, but I posted this on the PEG site, and since you are working on the conversion, you may know or direct me to the answer...Thanks

"I will be playing a Blindseeker monk in Beasts & Barbarians using the SWADE rules. What modifications to the backlash rules for the AB:Enlightenment and Blindseeker edge are required to make them compatible to SWADE? Should the AB:Enlightenment have the same rules as AB:Gifted? Should the Blindseeker backlash still last one hour?"

Blog Entries
    @Caratacus: Well, I got the ABs all finished then noticed some other things I meant to get to which led me to discover some things from the previous developer which are just plain wrong so... this will be a somewhat more comprehensive update than I had originally planned.

@mmainvi: I'm somewhat unfamiliar but the BBSE SWADE Conversion Document that GRAmel published states:
    All backlashes now happen on Critical Failures.
    Which is not terribly informative, but I think the original rules (at least the ones I was reading awhile ago for Enlightened and Obscurement) had more specific criteria for backlash so it's simplified now for SWADE?

Thanks for your response. We decided to keep the original BBSE backlash rules with the Critical Failure modification.

Blog Entries
    Setting extension
    • [Removed] Arcane Background registration scripts (deprecated)

Theme extension
    • [Fixed] Various tweaks; still very much a WIP

Player Guide
    • [Added] Drag/drop Arcane Background support (SWADE v5.4.1+)
    • [Fixed] Arcane Background (Enlightenment) and (Obscurement) are now two separate records (as are their appropriate Skills) for easier management.
    • [Fixed[ Hindrances with (Minor or Major) changed to (Minor/Major) for consistency.
    • [Fixed] 'Hand Weapons' category changed to 'Melee Weapons' for consistency.
    • [Fixed] Rollable tables moved out of the 'reference' node so the output can be changed and tables can be edited if desired.
    • [Fixed] Vehicle record nodes updated to current ruleset requirements
    • [Updated] Vehicle Table overhauled to match SWADE Player Guide layout
    • [Fixed] Ammunition moved out of 'Common Gear' into the proper 'Ammunition' category
    • [Added] Ammunition Table
    • [Fixed] Weapon notes with parry updated to [Parry +N] effects where applicable
    • [Updated] Melee and Ranged Weapon tables overhauled to match SWADE Player Guide layout

Couple quick notes:
    • If I recall, the new Arcane Backgrounds and/or the AB Edges are either missing some text or have incorrect text. I'll fix that as I go, but wanted to get the functionality patched in ASAP for games in progress/about to begin, such as the comment above.
    • Regarding the theme, I will fully admit to finally just getting frustrated and disabling several of the frame definitions while trying to figure out what was going on and why the 'fixes' weren't fixing anything. I did finally get more or less the results I wanted in some areas, but most likely removed theming in other areas that I wasn't looking at. The theme was built by the previous developer and it's being a PITA to work with. If anyone finds things that are wonky, please post a screenshot and how to duplicate so I can try to track it down.
    • Regarding the 'Modifiers' text, I still have not located a decent B&B graphic to use here but I did set the font to white so it's at least readable now. Like the note above said, everything theme-related is extremely WIP.

Thanks for all the great work.

I have found that the Brute Edge is not automated to add its damage bonuses, I've had to input the raise bonus individually on to the weapon attacks. Is there a way to automate +1 damage on all melee attacks, and +2 with a raise? I've can get the +1 on the Brute Edge, but don't know the script to get the +2 raise bonus. Thanks again,

Caratacus

Blog Entries
    Some Edge automation is on my To Do list for both BBSE and Lankhmar so, yes, it's coming but no ETA yet... =/

Thanks,
    Is there a script I can write for a quick fix? As I said, I can get it to auto add the +1 to all melee damage rolls, but I don't know how to program in the Raise at +2.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but with the last update and the changes in the sidebar, the text in the buttons with the B&B theme is totally illegible. Is any update on this theme expected to solve this?

Thread Information