5E Character Create Playlist

Show GM Rolls and Show Results to Clients

Hi Team,

I think there might be a bug.

I have Show GM Rolls off and Show Results to Clients On.

As can be seen in the screen shot, at the beginning the show results to clients is hidden. Then all of a sudden it starts to show.

Show results to client..PNG

Your screenshot is from the GM side. GM always gets to see everything no matter what the settings are.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, thats not my point. The point is at the beginning the show results to clients is hidden to the players, when it shouldnt be. Then all of a sudden it flips to showing to the players (which is what it should be doing).

Quote Originally Posted by Houndy View Post
    Yeah, thats not my point. The point is at the beginning the show results to clients is hidden to the players, when it shouldnt be. Then all of a sudden it flips to showing to the players (which is what it should be doing).
    Ok, so you are indicating that the players are seeing the wrong thing and to illustrate it you show the DM screen. If you had posted a screenshot of the players screen then this would make more sense and illustrate your point. Posting the DM screen tells us nothing.

I cannot reproduce the error. Are you running any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Ok, so you are indicating that the players are seeing the wrong thing and to illustrate it you show the DM screen. If you had posted a screenshot of the players screen then this would make more sense and illustrate your point. Posting the DM screen tells us nothing.

I cannot reproduce the error. Are you running any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?
    Am running extensions, will try without later today after work.

It still shows a bug even from the DM screen as there is the invisible eye ion, even if its just an aesthetic bug. Will try repeat, tonight.

The invisible eye icon only shows if you have show DM rolls off; it has nothing to do with show results to clients.

Still think its confusing that it randomly decides to show up or not, but it might be an extension.

Ok I finally found the issue (I think).

What I am doing:

Adding the encounter to a LOS map/CT. Making the NPCs Mask Sensitivity Visibility.

I think the players basically just use the battlemap to attack and target etc. So when they then attack the NPCs the results are only showing up for me as a DM.

I think the problem is that I have not set the NPC visible on the CT (because the players can see them on the map, noone seems to ahve raised that issue) and therefore the results of the hit do not show up.

Next session on Wednesday, I will try to make an effort to ensure that all NPCs are visible once they have been revealed by the player.

I guess the underlying issue here is, is this really a bug? Probably not? The real issue is that mask sensitive visibility should automatically enable visibility on the combat tracker.
    Last edited by Houndy; April 19th, 2020 at 12:21.

Thread Information