DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Magic Item Creation in FGU

Greetings,

i switched my campaign to FGU recently, apart from my Poison and Traps module all modules load in fine. But i can't create new magic items.
    In classic i dropped the magic effect in items and then dropped the base weapon or armor on it, but this doesn't work in unity.

Has anyone the same problem or even better a solution for this?

Can you give us some images of this and show the steps you are attempting to perform the magic item creation?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thank you for replying. My steps include:

-open items tab

- choose magic item an drop it into items tab (creating a new item, in my case fey strike weapon +2)

- open base item (in my case longsword)

- drag and drop base item in the details part of the magic item

just tried doing it that way in FG classic (same campaign and modules). Didn't work there either.

I try to follow the steps in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ms-in-4E/page2

not sure what pictures would help.

Items i created in january work fine and show up.

Ok thank you. I setup a ticket for us to look this over and see if we can resolve it. FGU-1025
    Last edited by superteddy57; April 5th, 2020 at 18:31.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

By "ticket" you mean e-mail support under help in the top bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Terenor View Post
    By "ticket" you mean e-mail support under help in the top bar?
    No, Superteddy created a ticked, I think I guess it was meant "I setup [...]"

I created a bug ticket for us to investigate it. Thank you for reporting
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

This is really flaky, even in Classic. There's something about the source you get the normal item from that matters. I have two mods with items, one is the PHB, and one is just a list of all items. If I try and do it using the normal item from the complete item list, it doesn't work. But if I do it using the normal item from the PHB, it does work.

Worked with someone else recently who was having the exact same issue with similar sources as well.

This has been my experience: if I use the base equipment type record (weapon, armor, etc.) and drag it onto the magic item, it creates the magic item fine. If I try to use the "magic item" version of the base equipment, then it does not work. The base item has the silver header, the magic item version has the yellow header. I do not know how to access the base version from the "Items" icon (as that seems to always treat the record as a magic item), I have to do it from the module directly. See image.

Make_Magic_4E.jpg

If you used the 4E Item parser, image shows example of navigating to a base weapon record from the library/module. (I think technically called a "mundane" record in 4E terminology)

Navigate_to_Mundane_Weapon_4E.jpg
    Last edited by gamerhawaii; April 6th, 2020 at 19:11.

Thread Information