DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Editing characters without being connected to GM

Hi there

I’m new to Fantasy Grounds and wondering: is it possible to edit a character without being connected to the GM?

I have tried to use Manage Characters, but when I open the campaign, it doesn’t have the modules loaded and my character doesn’t show up. Am I doing something wrong or is this simply a matter of needing to be connected to the GM when I want to edit my character?

Kind regards

You can not edit a character without being connected to a GM. The character data is part of the campaign database saved on the GM's machine.

In FGC, you can "view" characters used in a campaign, by using Manage Characters mode and selecting the campaign name in the list, then hit Start.
    In FGU, you can "import" characters used in a campaign into a local campaign to view.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the quick reply.

That makes it harder to level between sessions, but nothing to do about it I guess.

Regards

Most GMs set aside time where they leave their FG running so players can level up between sessions.

You can also export your character, import into campaign, edit, then send updated export to GM. This is a little extra work for GM; so check how they want to proceed.

Regards,
    JPG

Cool... I’m sure we’ll work something out

Thread Information