DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Help with coding Mind Sliver

Hello team,
    Can anyone please help with how i code the mind sliver spell effect? In particular the "and the first time it makes a saving throw before the end of your next turn, it must roll a d4 and subtract the number rolled from the save"

You drive a disorienting spike of psychic energy into the mind of one creature you can see within range. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. Unless the saving throw is successful, the target takes 1d6 psychic damage, and the first time it makes a saving throw before the end of your next turn, it must roll a d4 and subtract the number rolled from the save.

Welcome to the FG forums.

If you're not posting in a RPG ruleset specific forum please try to remember to indicate which ruleset you're using. Effects can be different from one ruleset to the next.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Welcome Jamos to the community.

Create an effect of SAVE: -1d4 Set the duration for 1 turn and the expiry to on next roll.

More information on effects here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ced+Automation

And in these videos: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

thank you I will post this in the D&D 5e forum. i am new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos007 View Post
    thank you I will post this in the D&D 5e forum. i am new.
    Zacchaeus already gave you the answer above - no need to re-post the same question.

I'll move this thread to the 5E forum, so others can see it if they have a similar question. I'll delete the new thread you made with the same question.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Mind sliver.jpg

Hi, I'm trying to add the same cantrip to my character. Is the screenshot above the correct way to do it?

I did the first part as an INT save and 15 is my current Spell DC. I also checked the "Magic?" box. On a save, there is No damage.

For the effect condition, I pasted the same text as provided by Zaccheus into the first box. Duration is 1 RND. Targeting is set to "Targets" with expiration "On next roll."
    Last edited by Supallcomm; April 18th, 2020 at 06:03.

If the spell is created properly in your spells group on the action tab, I don;t think you need to specify the target number of the INT save. The system can automatically determine the save for you, and will adjust as the character levels. Just flag that it requires an INT save. The Magic tick box just defines if it will be treated as a magical effect with regards to resistances and immunities. But as far as if there is no damage on a save, you just need to not click the damage if they ave hehe.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    If the spell is created properly in your spells group on the action tab, I don;t think you need to specify the target number of the INT save. The system can automatically determine the save for you, and will adjust as the character levels. Just flag that it requires an INT save. The Magic tick box just defines if it will be treated as a magical effect with regards to resistances and immunities. But as far as if there is no damage on a save, you just need to not click the damage if they ave hehe.
    Right, I didn't tell it to use DC 15, it pulled the number correctly from my character.

I mostly want to confirm if the actions I entered are correct.
    Last edited by Supallcomm; April 18th, 2020 at 15:41.

I have a question on how Mins Sliver works. I realize this is an old thread. I have it set up the same way. When the spell is cast and the effect tab is pressed. I get the following message in the chat window after the INT save is made.

[Save] Intelligence [Effect -1d4]
    it then gives me the d20 roll result. Has the -1d4 been applied to the roll and it is not shown? Like when Mage Armor is applied the bonus to AC is not seen on the character sheet but added to attack rolls. or I am doing something wrong?

Okay, I figured out my problem. It is not working because I am using the extension Roll For initiative.
    Last edited by espanRebel; January 28th, 2021 at 20:52.

Thread Information