STAR TREK 2d20

Noob spells/ casting questions

Hi all,

I am having my 1st master session tomorrow and have some questions related to spells.
    I have the Rob effects coding activated.
    Questions:
    - When moving the mouse pointer over the dice symbol that is right of the spell name the text their means:
    - ATK: A spell attack roll is needed, right ?
    - cast without ATK: No attack roll is needed, right ?
    - When doing a spell attack roll it adds for me +2 automatically. Is this right ? I have Int +1 and Prof is +2 , shouldnt it be +3 then ?
    - When casting a spell that allows save roll, for me its needed a 10 for successfull save. I have Int +1, Prof +2 , so shouldnt it be 11 then ? 8+2+1
    - When a save roll was successfull and lets say it will do only half the damage because of this, how can I roll only half damage ? I know I can rightclick the damage in chat and for example use the "half damage", but this does not give back automatically the half hitpoints. Is this a manual correction then ?
    - When an spell attack roll is not successfull, is the spell slot consumed or not ?
    - Poisoned (for example "ray of sickness") . If saveing throw is not successfull and creature is poisoned, how do I know how much poison damage creature gets its round it is poisoned ?

Sorry for so much questions

If you are not seeing the correct attack roll modifiers or saving throw DCs then something is not right with the character. Make sure that the ability score you use for your spells is correct. Click on the magnifying glass at the end of any of the spells Power Group lines and make sure the Ability shows the ability score that your class uses for their spellcasting. If it doesn't then click the box until it does.

If the target takes half damage on a successful save FG does that automatically when you apply the damage.

Spells slots are not automatically ticked off. FG can't know what level you cast the spell at and so doesn't know what slot you used.

Poisoned is a condition. See the conditions in Appendix A of the PHB. Unless a spell or whatever specifies an amount of damage then the target is simply poisoned which causes the affects mentioned in the Appendix. If the condition is applied to the target via an effect FG knows the conditions and will apply the correct advantages and disadvantages to the target.

More information on the actions tab of the character sheet here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...haracter+Sheet

And some video on character creation here.https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reation-Videos
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Noonien View Post
    - When a save roll was successfull and lets say it will do only half the damage because of this, how can I roll only half damage ? I know I can rightclick the damage in chat and for example use the "half damage", but this does not give back automatically the half hitpoints. Is this a manual correction then ?

Sorry for so much questions
    nothing gives back the hit points, anyone whose save was successful will take half damage anyone who failed will take full. This is automated for you as long as the spell or power is setuo for "half on success".

no worries on the questions, ask more, we're here to help.

Thread Information