Starfinder Playlist

FGU and shopping in Steam

I'm a RPer in Canada, so price differences are a consideration for my shopping.
    Steam has a good exchange rate for shopping in Canadian dollars, and I don't see any currency options at the FG webstore.

I'd like to start gaming with FGU, but at the moment that is only available from FG directly, and it seems to be able to buy any DLC on Steam I have to own a license for Fantasy Grounds ON steam.

If you have any info I'm missing or ideas/ways to get around buying FG/U twice I'd like to hear from you as soon as possible.

Thank you

Blog Entries
    If you don't want to wait for the FGU client to be released on Steam you can always go the "Add a Non Steam Game" route.

Add Non Steam Game.jpg

Enter your license key you get from the store when it asks. Then come back to the FG store and sync your Steam account.

Synch Steam Account.jpg

Be aware, there may be some sort of lag from when you purchase your license key and when that key is sent to Steam as a valid key. Honestly can't remember its been so long, and I get all my stuff via the FG store now.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    SmiteWorks sends keys to Steam every 4-8 weeks. It's a manual process both for SmiteWorks and for Steam, so it's not done more often and is dependent upon how busy the appropriate folks are at each company.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

FGU isn't on Steam yet - it is being worked on and will get there eventually. Until it does you won't be able to buy a license or DLC there (obviously) and also won't be able to activate it there either.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information