Starfinder Playlist

Question about steam product

Hey everyone, not sure where to find this info so I thought I would ask here, apologies if this has been asked 10000000000 times. I've recently subbed to ultimate so I could try it out for CoC and bought the 7th edition rule book. I'm planning on running games for CoC 7th. My question is if I buy the ultimate edition on Steam, is it possible to transfer the rule book and other content I bought on fantasy grounds to Steam or would I have to buy it again on Steam? I'm only considering the Steam option because it might be easier for my friends to join, and on that note, if I do get the Steam ultimate edition do my friends need to buy fantasy grounds on steam as well?

Blog Entries
    No. There is no difference in the client itself. Steam is just as a wrapper to deliver the client via Valve's software platform. All client updates and DLC come directly from SmiteWork's servers not Steam.

Ensure you sync your Steam account with the FG Store. FG Store -> Steam Account Sync.

The only thing you (and your players) need to be aware of is that its not a two way sync. FG will know what you bought on Steam but it doesn't go the other way. If you want to take advantage of any bundle discounts stick to one or the other.

Sales are the same between the two...what you see on sale on Steam will also be on sale on the FG store.
    Ultimate License Holder

Ohh thanks for the info, guess I'll just stick to the fantasy ground client.

Blog Entries
    On thing I forgot to mention about Steam - its great for those outside of the US/Canada. Regional pricing on Steam might make it a less expensive route for users. Worth looking into if you fit that profile.
    Ultimate License Holder

In the US but now my test connections are failing after working just fine when I opened the correct ports. Might just use steam if its easier to connect.

Blog Entries
    There is no difference. It is your client that handles your connections. Where are you in the US? Are you a Comcast/Xfinity customer?

A couple of threads for you to check out:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    On thing I forgot to mention about Steam - its great for those outside of the US/Canada. Regional pricing on Steam might make it a less expensive route for users. Worth looking into if you fit that profile.
    Or more expensive in places like Aus!

Thanks for the help, Xfinity is a pain, have to allow access to each player

Blog Entries
    That I did not know @damned.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ClankyBlue View Post
    Thanks for the help, Xfinity is a pain, have to allow access to each player
    And you have to do it again in 30 days.

Thread Information