Starfinder Playlist

Perhaps this could fix map sharing problem

Hi, today I noticed in my maps folder the little (P) icons, which means shared with players. I noticed that I was sharing two maps with my party. Perhaps un-sharing the first map, so only share one map at a time could resolve the map sharing issue? I haven't tested it tough yet.

As long as the players are using the same computer as they used when connecting to the GM before, if a map has been shared successfully it will be cached locally on that computer. So, leave maps shared if you think you'll share them again - as un-sharing will remove them from the local player cache and they'll need to download them again if shared in future.

However, if you have new players joining and struggling to download all the data, look at maps you have previously shared - as these will be downloaded when a new player joins. Unshare the ones you know you won't want to use again in the future. Or, if you're having bit problems with new players joining, then un-share all of the maps to help to get people connected and then share the maps only when needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for your reply and useful suggestions!
    Perhaps I will try sharing maps up-front before players join my campaign, hopefully they will be able connect, as you mentioned this could become an issue from this.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; April 3rd, 2020 at 13:13.

I'm having massive issues sharing pretty much everything With my players. After alot of trying and failing it seemed that when the players og into their campaign folder and delete the campaign.dat they all see it afterwards

Interesting, sorry but I don't understand which folder your talking about.

Is it the folder in the campaigned called: campaign.dat?

I had feeling that the images were downloaded, but perhaps there is a bug that prevents players from viewing them somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Interesting, sorry but I don't understand which folder your talking about.

Is it the folder in the campaigned called: campaign.dat?

I had feeling that the images were downloaded, but perhaps there is a bug that prevents players from viewing them somehow?
    @Emoteph is essentially referring to the player cache that I mentioned in my post above. campaign.dat in <FG app data>\cache\<campaign name> on the player side is the campaign data shared from the GM to that player. If there has been some data corruption, sometimes removing this file can help - but it will mean that all data previously shared will have to be downloaded.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    @Emoteph is essentially referring to the player cache that I mentioned in my post above. campaign.dat in <FG app data>\cache\<campaign name> on the player side is the campaign data shared from the GM to that player. If there has been some data corruption, sometimes removing this file can help - but it will mean that all data previously shared will have to be downloaded.
    Thanks for the explanation @Trenloe !

Quote Originally Posted by Emoteph View Post
    I'm having massive issues sharing pretty much everything With my players. After alot of trying and failing it seemed that when the players og into their campaign folder and delete the campaign.dat they all see it afterwards
    I recently also set up port forwarding, UDP 1802, to scan if UDP ports are open I used: https://www.ipvoid.com/udp-port-scan/ (most ports scanners cannot scan UDP at least that's what I read but this one can).

Maybe this could help improve your game.

Maybe someone can point me to it, but is there a quick way to see what images and maps you have shared? Other than just scrolling through the list looking for P and S's?

In the bottom corner of the images/maps window you can filter on shared. The default is all, so look for a button that says that and click on it. The modules window has a similar button to view only shared content.

Thread Information