FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Witch Misfortune Hex (advantage/Disadvantage for Pathfinder)

Is there any way to code this into an effect for a Pathfinder game?

"advantage / disadvantage" is a 5e mechanics, i believe.

you can create the pathfinder witch misfortune effect, but player would still need to diligently track and manually manage the mechanics due to the nature / situation of the ability.

setup: create a new spell class, and new level 0 called "misfortune"; then create 3 spell actions:
    - action#1: cast - set and adjust will dc save
    - action#2: effect - "misfortune" with duration of 1 rd
    - action#3: effect - "misfortune: immune" (optional: with duration 24 hr)

use:
    select target and click action#1 to determine save, then apply...
    a) action#2 if target failed this round; also use to reapply each subsequent round on witch's turn if cackled in previous round
    or
    b) action#3 if target saved; also use to apply if misfortune ended for the target
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Thanks, but I am looking for a way to apply an Effect that will cause attacks to be rolled twice with results disregarded.
    You can do this manually /roll 2d20d1
    And the 5e ruleset has the advantage disadvantage hard coded as a Modifier. But I am looking for the same for Pathfinder, as there are numerous abilities that would benefit from this.

Blog Entries
    No, you'll have to write an extension since PF has no concept of Adv/Dis.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by conjoy View Post
    Thanks, but I am looking for a way to apply an Effect that will cause attacks to be rolled twice with results disregarded.
    You can do this manually /roll 2d20d1
    And the 5e ruleset has the advantage disadvantage hard coded as a Modifier. But I am looking for the same for Pathfinder, as there are numerous abilities that would benefit from this.
    There is no automation for this at the moment But in my Save vs tags extension I have coded it, but it is a prototype and I didn't have the time at the moment to clean it up a bit, but for attacks it should work (see my link in the signature)

That looks potentially amazing, but I can't get it to work for my tests. Will keep tinkering and trying, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by conjoy View Post
    That looks potentially amazing, but I can't get it to work for my tests. Will keep tinkering and trying, thanks.
    When I can help then let me know

Basically you download the extension, put that in your extension folder, then before starting the campaign you activate that in the extension list of the campaign and the effect for advantage is keladvantage (or keldisadvantage). Just apply that effect immediately before the attack and let remove that after the next roll (to avoid that something else gets advantage, too )

I hadn't ticked it on in the launcher and it now works!
    Many, many thanks!

you're welcome

Final question (maybe), do you have any plans to (or know if it is already compatible with) FGUnity?

Cheers

Thread Information