DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is it possible to create an effect that alter the degree of success of a roll?

Hi,
    Is there a way to create an effect that alters the degree of success of a roll? For example, is it possible to create an effect that turns each success on Reflex saving throws into a critical success?
    I'm new to FG, so I apologize if the question was already asked somewhere! I've tried to search in the forum but I haven't found anything on this

mmm not that I can think of. Need something though, because there are feats and stuff that Increase or Decrease the success level that is achieved. ATM you just need to manually remember a "Success" is a "Critical Success".
    This is really only a problem for a DM rolling on the Party Sheet where DC can be set though.
    Unless part of a combat where a DC can be calculated.

If a DM says make a Reflex save to dodge a giant rolling boulder, there is no where for the DM to "set" the DC for FG to roll against (unless the DM does it himself for you in the party sheet) other than in his mind in this example.

A little area where a DM can enter a DC (like the MODIFIER BOX) before a player rolls, might be nice. Then FG can determine the degree of success (and decide whether it needs to be lifted)
    Last edited by Willot; April 2nd, 2020 at 21:38.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by GiuMaz View Post
    Is there a way to create an effect that alters the degree of success of a roll? For example, is it possible to create an effect that turns each success on Reflex saving throws into a critical success?
    This has been part coded in the ruleset, but I haven't documented it yet as I had a couple of issues to sort out (see improved evasion below) - and have more functionality for all saves, not just reflex saves.

There are two undocumented conditions:
    • "Evasion" - converts a reflex save success to a critical success.
    • "Improved Evasion" - converts a reflex save critical failure to a failure, and a failure results in half damage for a basic save. This needs fixing to work 100% properly, as it doesn't cover all actions that do damage, just basic save actions.

I do intend to have some form of effect/condition that can be applied for all save types and all levels of success in a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe - just checking because this caused some confusion over on the official Paizo forums, you are aware that Improved Evasion does not "stack" its two effects? That is, if you critically fail, you instead get a failure - and take full damage; you do not also apply the "half damage on a failure" effect.

The original wording was pretty unclear on this, but I think effects like Improved Evasion got an errata to make it slightly more clear.

Awesome to hear that evasion-type abilities are being worked on for automation purposes, that's been something of a pain to handle manually.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Trenloe - just checking because this caused some confusion over on the official Paizo forums, you are aware that Improved Evasion does not "stack" its two effects? That is, if you critically fail, you instead get a failure - and take full damage; you do not also apply the "half damage on a failure" effect.
    Thanks for the heads up. The class feature I was referencing in the Core Rules DLC hadn't been updated with the errata (Rogue), but the Ranger Improved Evasion had. The next release of the core rules will be fixed and I'll also update the ruleset to be correct.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry for the late replay, I wasn't able to use my pc for a couple of days. This is exactly what I'm looking for!
    I tried Evasion and it works fine, but I'm probably going to avoid using it too much before a complete release.

Thank you for your excelent work!

Thread Information