STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Great extensions; I picked up your bundle on the DM's Guild. Your Pact Tactics extension does not play well with this Blindsight and Truesight extension. An invisible tagged creature ignores the blindsight and truesight tags when attacking, which applies advantage to the roll when it should not. Also, the Flanking and Ranged extension produces the same conflict with the invisible tag.
    Last edited by Wargrim Deephelm; July 10th, 2020 at 03:41.

I'll take a look and try and sort out what's going wrong there when I have a chance. Thanks for the info!
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

I am also having similar issues. I was using the expanded blindsight/truesight extensions by ScriedRaven (which this extension is the core of to my understanding) and also had to turn off both pack tactics & flanking/ranged extensions if I wanted to use the vision effects :-(

Have the issues between this extension and pact tactics been resolved?

I am also using the expanded blindsight/truesight extensions by ScriedRaven. I understand it's core code comes from this ext and it does appear the issue is a carry over from this code. I can confirm the same behavior in both.

Recently I've try to use this extension on FGU (and on FGC), and this line appears:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2_bat.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

While looking on ScriedRaven's forum's Extension post, someone pointed out that "ActorManager2" simply does not exist anymore, therefore all the reference need to be change, from my understanding, to "ActorManager5E".

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ht=#post581042

Quote Originally Posted by kentmccullough View Post
    Ah, the problem is it's "Blur (C);" instead of "Blur; (C);" Easy fix would be for you to just add the ; into the effect yourself, changing the code to handle that is doable, but awkward.
    Code:
    local sSpellName = "Blur (C); GRANTDISATK"
    sSpellName = sSpellName:gsub("%s?%(%u%)", "")
    This results in sSpellName containing "Blur; GRANTDISATK"
    I'm sure there's a neater way of handling any number of tags, but this can remove up to 3 tags like that from the end of the spell name.

Quote Originally Posted by Eriwan View Post
    Recently I've try to use this extension on FGU (and on FGC), and this line appears:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2_bat.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
    Yes, this extension hasn't been updated to work with the ruleset changes that were released on Feb 16, 2021.
    Last edited by bmos; April 12th, 2021 at 12:11.

is the extension still useful with the new light update?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethkazin View Post
    is the extension still useful with the new light update?
    I think there is still a use case for it, but it isn't working for me at the moment. I just installed it, updated the ActorManager2 reference above to ActorManager5E in to 2 of the 4 script files, and dropped blindsight on a creature. It still had disadvantage on the attack against my Gloomstalker in complete darkness (eg. Invisible effect on).

I just started messing with effects myself, so I'm not sure how blindsight and truesight were implemented before. I wonder if effects are handled differently (internally) than senses now. I would think that a sense would just be coded like any other effect; just be a particular kind of effect, but I'm a noob.
    Last edited by macduffie465; July 16th, 2021 at 22:10.

I was able to update this so it no longer causes errors, but I'm not the author so I'm not sure it would be cool for me to share it?

Thread Information