DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

5E Extension - Blindsight and Truesight handling

This extension adds in default effects for Blindsight, Truesight, and Blur.

The idea is that anyone with the Blindsight or Truesight effect on them will ignore Invisibility for purposes of advantage (from the invisible person) or disadvantage (against the invisible person).
    I've also changed how the blur spell is parsed so the effect it gives is Blur; (C); instead of GRANTDISATK; (C); This allows for players or npcs with the blindsight or truesight effect to ignore the effects of blur while granting disadvantage to any who do not have that effect.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions to this let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Nice Kent, Welcome to the forums and great contribution as your first post! Glad to have you with us

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Nice one,
    Will give it a try.

Cheers, Steve.

I encouraged him to make it tyvm.

Great extension! One issue I found is that if a PC has Blur (S)(C) from Rob2e's Spell Coding, it doest not work as his version of Blur is not parced the same as the PHB version. Just food for thought; it is a very easy workaround. We certainly do not expect any extension to withstand every other mod or extension out there. Keep up the good work.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Let me know how his coding effect looks and I'll try to update to make sure that it's handled properly. I would think it would since his effect coding always has the name in it and I believe I just added "Blur" as an effect that's handled in and of itself... If you tell me how it's parsed I can probably look at fixing it.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

It is simply: Blur (C); GRANTDISATK which is what the original Blur did anyway, I believe.
    Ultimate License Holder

Ah, the problem is it's "Blur (C);" instead of "Blur; (C);" Easy fix would be for you to just add the ; into the effect yourself, changing the code to handle that is doable, but awkward. Let me know if that is an acceptable fix for you, I know a lot of people use rob2e's effect coding so it may be worth while just adding it into the extension, or contacting rob and asking him to update the module with that change...

At the same time however, the GRANTDISATK shouldn't be there with this extension as it automatically handles that part and then ignores it if the other person has truesight or blindsight. So I'd just change using the rob2e coding for this, and use the PHB one since I adjusted how that spell is automatically parsed with this extension.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Ya, cool. Its is very easy to work around. I appreciate your extensions. These little things are actually something I enjoy working through as a Fantasy Grounds user. It keeps me it tune with the inner working of the rules.
    Ultimate License Holder

Nice. Just picked up all your stuff from DMGuild too. Nice work.

Thread Information